Chapter Three: The Doctor

I woke up to a sudden thump of something soft. I was thrown on a bed and I couldn't move. I felt sick to my stomach. Vampire ugh, I wanted to throw up. I have always been nauseous of blood, and now I have to drink it to survive. I heard voices ringing in my ear.

"Este ea va fi bine? Știi ce înseamnă ea pentru mine, pentru întregul regat!" It was Nickolai. "Is she going to be okay? You know how much she means to me, to the whole Kingdom!"

" Relaxați-vă Alteță, Voi vorbi cu ea , lăsa înainte de toate de parul tau cade." A deep voice answered. "Relax your highness, I'll talk to her, leave before all of your hair falls out."

I heard Nickolai leave the room and all was silent for a little while, until I heard the doctors footsteps come towards my bed.

"Are you going to pretend your asleep for much longer?" He asked. I gave a little chuckle, and opened my eyes.

"I am Dr. Darius Gregor, all I want to do is ask you some questions."he smiled and sat down. The doctor was a short man, about 4'5 and had a long white beard and mustache to be noticed more against his dark skin.

"Why does a place with a bunch of undead vampires need a doctor?" I was generally confused.

"For the mortal bond mates." He simply replied checking my fluid system. "Now on to some other questions."

He started filing through his clipboard, and when he stopped a smile light up from his face. "Scarlet Stanley, age 16, parents: Danielle and Felix Stanley, grandmother: Myrna Bonnie.' He paused when he said my grandmothers name. "You are truly and honor to work with."

"So, I understand you felt nauseous and fainted, would you care to tell me what you think caused this?" He waited patiently.

Im a vampire, I have to drink blood! I hate the feeling, the look, the sound. Gushing and pouring and-" I cutoff feeling like I had to puke.

The doctor (with lightning speed) grabbed a waste bin and gave it too me, not looking like it bothered him. When I was done I sat back down and then continued to speak.

"Ever since I was little, blood has always just surrounded me. When I was born, I had a hole in my heart, and I had to have surgeries until I was three. When I was seven, a little boy pushed me in a wagon down a big hill and to stop other people from being hurt I put both of my hands on the pavement and you could see bone. My grandmother died of not being able to get more blood! I have to drink the most disgusting, vile, ......thing!" I exclaimed.

He nodded and scribbled something down on a small piece of paper, then called for a nurse to come inside the room. This puzzled me, what was he doing?

When the nurse appeared in the doorway, she looked my age, light dark skin, and dark hair styled like a pixie. She came in carrying a large styrofoam cup, and placed it in my hands. "Drink' she said "It will help." I gave a confused look to the doctor, he nodded to me to drink it.

"Is it blood?" I asked cautiously. He shook his head, "Blood solution, it contains a little bit of cranberry juice for the remaining taste buds that are still active." I took a sip and processed the unusual taste, then gave a thankful nod to the nurse, then hesitantly took another one.

"Thank you Daria."

"da tata." And she left the room.

"So......,' I awkwardly looked around. "She is your daughter?" He nodded again, "he seems to do that a lot." I thought. "Can you explain to me the whole "bond" thing?" I questioned.

"Though this is a conversation one word have from someone closer to them, I will tell you.' He started. " Bonds are sacred to everyone, their one true mate, ah... Soulmate as you say, is the most important thing to them. For regular vampires, you see your mate just once, you know it is them. Then they live a truly happy life, ha! well, They live a undead eternity together." He stopped. "But?" I asked

"But, for royal lines, it's far more....... Intimate.' I reddened "The moment the royal gets ahold of anything related to their mate, they know who it is exactly. Then, when they meet, they have to get rid of all obstacles getting in their way. For instance how Nickolai had to break your neck so that you could both be undead." I gasped and felt my neck, so I really did die.

"They start forming marks on each other, and together make a picture or symbol of some sort and they can feel each other's emotions, pain, other things. They become one person, not literally of course. But, when one dies, so does the other one."

"Aww, that's sweet. Unless your -lover- kidnaps you, then marries you against your will, and OH yeah! KILLED YOU!" I steamed in my mind.

"But, there is a catch,' he said "Royals can only fall in love with other Royals. Scarlet, you are A Princess."

WHAT!