Chapter 7: Nightmare/ Scarlet's day out.

I woke up in Nickolai's arms and felt warm. I stretched a bit and snuggled back in my position, trying not to wake him, but he had been awake. Right, vampires don't have to sleep..... I have to get used to that.

"Good morning." He said sweetly and kissed the top of my head, his hand softly rubbing my arm through the robe. "Good morning." I sighed and kept my eyes shut, covering my face. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"I don't like the sun, like I know it might hurt vampires, but I don't like it in general. It's too bright in the morning." He laughs a bit and gets up, and suddenly, it feels like it's getting darker. (Since my robe hand didn't cover my eyes that well.)

"Although the sun here won't burn, we just like to know when it's day and night in the human world when we feed." I frown a bit, but it's concealed by my robe hand.

"Weird." I muffle and he plops down next to me. He pulls my hand off of my face and the room is pitch black, but they're some candles. "Better?" He asks.

"Wow." I didn't see the how beautiful the black room was until the candles illuminated it with its soft light. "Yeah, I'm still a bit tired." My cheeks fluster a bit. "Can you...." My voice flusters and I gesture a bit.

"Oh. Sure." He smiles and lays down next to me, wrapping his arms around me once again.

"I just feel like I'm safe here." I said, still freaked about last night.

"You are," he says softly. "I will burn anyone who hurts you or treats you like that." I smiled a bit and snuggled my head into his chest.

********

When I woke up, he was gone, and I got up, looking for him. I opened the door and Cosmin was there. I reel back, and before I could shut the door he came crawling in. I was shoved up against the wall and the scenario played out like last night.

"Baby, your skin tastes so sweet, and I want to taste every inch of it." His hand goes to the knot on my robe and starts untying.

"Cosmin! What the hell is your problem? You know Nickolai is going to BURN YOU!" I cry, and he laughs.

"Silly girl, this time I burned him." I saw out of the corner of her eye a fire and bones. I start screaming hysterically but know one answers. The knot becomes undone and my robe slides down my shoulder.

I feel a jolt and shoot up, gasping for air. "Scarlet!" Nickolai sharply avowed. "You okay?"

I felt tears on her cheeks and wiped them away. "What happend?"

"You started crying and shaking violently. I've been trying to wake you up for twenty minutes! What happened?" I grabbed him and held on to him.

"I had a nightmare." I gasps into his chest. He sat still for a moment, but wrapped his arms around me and petted my hair.

"Hey, it's okay. Nightmares aren't real, so don't feel bad." He kept rubbing my back and I started to breathe normally. I get up and head to the closet, and when I finally emerge, I'm wearing black (of course) jeans and a black top.

"You look beautiful." He said, heading into the closet.

"You say that all the time." I said rolling my eyes, but smiling. "That's because it's true." He calls back.

I heard a knock on the door and gasped. I looked through the little hole thingy and saw it was just Daria. I sighed in relief and opened up.

"Hey!' She glowed. "What's up?" She held a styrofoam cup and handed it to me. My fangs popped out and I blushed a bit. Nickolai came out and smiled when he saw Daria.