Chapter 6: The Ball

"Ouch." I winced, taking a sharp breath. I stood in front of a 3 way mirror wearing a dark red ball gown with bloody blossoms trailing down the skirt. Daria was helping me get all laced up in the back.

"Sorry." She replies and is a bit gentler. After she has successfully got it all laced up, I was barley able to breathe. "You look amazing." She says, slipping on my hands some Lacey red gloves that went to the wrists.

I turned sideways and nodded a bit. My hair is in a side braid bun, with a rose in her hair, and I'm wearing dark red heels that aren't to high. The ball was tonight.

"Man vampires plan fast." I think. Suddenly the door flies open and Dr. Darius comes in and let's us know that it was time, and I inhale in a sharp breath.

Daria grabs my hand and leads me towards the top ballroom entrance, and it seemed like a blur because I had her eyes closed the whole time. When i do open my eyes, (knowing i was in front of the door.) i gave a nervous hug to Daria and stood shakily in front of the door as she left.

According to the Doctors daughter, I was to wait until the door was opened by two guards and then walk down the ginormous flight if stairs, where Nickolai would be waiting to dance the first dance with me.

I would have been more at ease if they didn't spring this whole 'ball' thing on me yesterday at the meeting, well if you can call that a meeting. It felt more of an attack with the whole 'meeting the king' thing and especially after 'candi's' real attack.

Then this morning i had to learn how to dance, which the 'vampires' thought wouldn't take as long as it did, I was a terrible, terrible dancer. After that, i had to go into make-up, hair, and the fitting. I didn't even know what time it even was, but I already felt exhausted.

I started to wonder what everyone would be wearing, Nickolai probably in a suit, and Candi would probably be wearing something low-cut and revealing. Daria told me that she'd be wearing a black dress that cut to the knees. It sounded like something I would have worn to prom if I had been asked. A sharp pang hit me like a brick as I remembered my time being a human, and even though I was a vampire now, I didn't feel like one, especially since I had a nasty habit to refer to everyone as "the vampires".

I heard some steps scruffle at the door so I stood in a 'position' with my hands intertwined at my stomach, standing up straight. I didn't realize it, but when I felt something itchy on my head, I found a small tiara. Daria probably put it there, not realizing how uncomfortable I felt at that moment with it on.

I didn't have time to think about this because at that moment the doors opened and I heard trumpets. Everyone in the ballroom turned to face me.

"Dragul meu te uiți uimitor." I heard in my head, and I felt a small blush skatter across my cheeks. He said: "My darling you look amazing."

"Thanks." I gave a meek reply as I started down the stairs. I looked at some people I recognized, Nickolai- even though he just complemented me seconds ago- was staring with his mouth wide open. Daria clapped with her father, the doctor. Candi stared at me with a look of absolute disgust and anger, squeezing her champagne glass full of blood -or what I'm mostly assuming is blood- so tight it broke into peices.

I was right when I thought she would wear something low-cut and revealing. She wore a low- cut dress that stopped mid-thigh, and when I say mid-thigh, I mean the middle of the mid-thigh. Like I'm serious, one inch higher and she might as well be more clothed naked. Then for her top, it looked like she was wearing a small bikini top she showed so much cleavage.

As I looked at Nickolai, he kept staring at me, speechless. I blushed again and looked at the spectators, who where giving me impressed looks. I didn't know where to look, I was dying on the inside, about ready to bust into confetti, or flames, I'm not sure at the moment.