Chapter Five: the Green-eyed vampire

When I woke up, I was in the Nikolai's room, and he was no where to be found. I look over to the clock n my nightstand. 7:46 a.m. Wow, last time i looked at the clock was 6:50 p.m. After the doctor came and checked on me.

I get up and start looking through drawers, finding some acid wash bell bottoms, a long sleeved black undershirt, and to put on top of that; a blood red t-shirt. I comb my hair and let it be wavy. I open a closet and find black shoes.

"I see there's no variety." I mumble, slipping some black sneakers on. I start to open the door, when I see a hand wrap around the door frame. I jump, but it's just Nikolai. I folded my arms.

"Hey.' He nodded. " You feeling better?"

"Yep." I said popping the p. My face remained neutral, my wall was up and all I kept thinking was: "Don't care, don't feel anything. He's messing with you."

"Um, there's a vampire meeting that we both need to attend." He said scratching the back of his head with his hand. "Fine, let's go." Following him down a bunch of cold stone staircases.

Finally we both enter a room with a dark door. It's all black in the room, no surprise there. A bunch of dark-haired people sat in a (black) oval table. I slowly enter in, Nikolai following behind.

I sat down in an empty seat and he sat right next to me. I glance around and one female caught my eye.

She was tall, curves in all the right places. She had long tresses of black hair, all in curls. She had no blemishes, wrinkles, or freckles, her face was flawless. And let me tell you she wasn't hiding it. With her crystal green eyes she was taking in the full view of Nikolai.

My hands were clenched in two tight fists and my thoughts weren't very happy either, but I made my face straight. There was one other chair that was empty so I guess we were waiting for someone.

She whispered words to him that I couldn't hear, but what I did (handsome, strong, smart) make me get violent thoughts.

Suddenly I felt a pair of eyes on me, and I turned to her. She held out her hand,"Hi, I'm Candi." She said in a beautiful Russian voice. I scoff in my mind.

"Of course it's Candi. It sounds like a flipping stripper name." I think, shaking her hand. She starts flipping her hands in a fan motion.

"Whew is it a bit stuffy in here or is it just me?" She says taking of her jacket, revealing a tank top with a little too much cleavage. Nikolai's pen dropped to the floor. "I got it." She says leaning over giving him a full view.

* "That's it!' I scream jumping out of my seat jumping on the table and flying toward her. Tackling her to the ground and letting my fangs show as I hiss. "He is mine you undead slut." *

Okay, I'm just kidding. That's how it went in my mind, in reality I smiled and pulled him arm closer. As she placed the pen on the table.

"I'm Scarlet, Nikolai's mate." I kiss his cheek and place my head on his arm. I'm glad we we're sitting down, because I didn't really notice until now how short I was compared to him. I was about 5'5 feet tall and I was up to his chest.

I saw her eyes glare at me, but she placed a smile on her face and stared up front where an old man was sitting down.

"Alright, I've called you all here to discuss a few major issues. First off, My sons finally bonded!" He shouted. My mind began to put together the pieces. This must be the vampire king, Nickolai's his son, and yeah.....then me.

"Here come over here." He called spreading out his arms. I slowly got up and gave Nickolai a confused look, as I walked to the head of the table. The king gave me a hug, and smiled at me.

"Finally, the last daughter in law. I can't wait to have more grandchildren!" My face turned as red as my hair.

"Dad, don't get to ahead of yourself, we barely know each other." Nikolai said, a bit embarrassed. "Would that be such a bad thing?" I think, looking down at my feet.

"Yes.' Candi says "they might not even be compatible." I glare at her. The king gestures to the two seats next to him and the other vampires move over.

"Second of all, the committee and I are thinking of throwing you a ball, in the honor of introducing you and...." "-Scarlet." I finish for him.

"Lovely name." He says nodding towards me. I feel Candi becoming confused. "Excuse me your highness, but when did we decide this?" He turned to her.

"Well, that's what happens when you skip a meeting Candice." I smile, so she lied. She gave me a glare that could turn medusa into stone.

After the meeting an uncomfortable silence took ahold as Nikolai and I walked back to the room. "Scarlet." I heard her voice ring out. I turn and walk over to her. She pulled me back into the empty meeting room.

"I have worked to hard for some child to come and ruin it for me. Bitch, Nikolai is mine, and I'll make sure your out of the picture because I'm his am match." She says as she pushes me to the wall. I laugh. "What?" She snaps.

"Can you communicate through his mind?" Her face went blank. "I thought not. You just are following after a guy who will never give you the time of day." I smirk and then feel a sharp pain in my face. She slapped me and I was thrown to the floor.

"Say goodbye to him before the ceremony, because by then he'll be gone." She says strolling out of the room.

-------

Sorry this chapter is short, I'm running out if ideas. Please leave suggestions and tell me if you like it. :3

~nerdgurl13000