Chapter Four: Was it a dream?

"Hold up, so my grandmother is the queen of a small vampire village, and she faked her death because her kingdom needed her?" I asked the doctor

"Yes." He replied, preparing himself for the questions it was about to ask.

"Does she know I'm down here? Will she come for me?"

"Since she is a queen, she probably is out on a hunting spree."

"Oh." I paused, then returned to asking questions. "Will I ever be able to see my friends again?"

"Only by the will of a royal."

"But if I am a royal, so shouldn't I just be able to-" Dr. Darius shook his head.

"No, I meant by your bond mate, if you aren't already bonded then you need permission to visit the mortal world by a royal."

"Oh." I slumped under the covers, my mind being completely blank.

"I have a question, how come Nikolai has so many feelings for me, but I don't? Isn't the bond supposed to make us fall completely in love?" He paused.

"Well I think you do have feelings for him deep down, but you'll have to spend more time with him to find out what they truly mean. The bond doesn't create feelings, it just intensifies them. When you immortal you don't want to waste time with your bond mate because you want to spend your eternity with them forever." He said, thinking hard.

"Nikolai has been lonely for many years, ever since his brothers found their mates and moved away, so I believe that ever since he saw you he can't stop his intense feelings, that have now been more intensified from pouring out."

"So is there anything else the bond does? I want to be prepared in case I wake up and have all these feelings explode." He laughed.

"Well, sometimes you can get images from your mates life, whether it's sad or happy, like a flashback through their mind. Speaking if that you can talk through your mind, but only with your mate." I placed my hands on my head.

"How to I block my thoughts out?" I said, trying to think of nothing.

"Well, Typically vampires don't need to block their thoughts, but if you really want to, just imagine a curtain or a wall, something that can prevent your mate from looking in."

"I think I'm a little tired." He stood up.

"Press this button if you need me or a nurse, and have sweet dreams. I know you've had a rough day." He left, and I was all alone.

I slowly got up out of bed and looked at the window. I saw beautiful woman and men walking through the cloudy skies and smiling. There was a black pond and little kids were chasing each other through the yard. Apparently this castle overlooked a park.

"Beautiful isn't it?" A husky voice i dreaded filled the silence. I sharply turned around and backed myself up into the wall.

"Uh, yeah. Um so I'm not gonna lie, this is really awkward. Waking up engaged, freaky! and the fact that I don't know anything about you kind of makes me think we should file for a divorce." He laughed and covered his mouth with his hand.

I saw his masculine shoulders vibrate, the way his eyes crinkled and the sound of his rumbling laugh made me smile inside. I pinched myself.

"What was that all about?" I thought, making sure that my mind was blocked.

"Well, I would be happy to tell you if I were certain you wouldn't faint again. The hard way you fell on the floor makes me surprised your neck isn't broken." It became silent and I started to get chilly. I walked back to the bed and got under the covers.