3x15 - All My Children

Start from the beginning

"Get out of my way, Kia"

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Macy, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth" Richard threatens her. Colette grins "Don't start, Nik!"

"I didn't say anything" Colette defends herself.

"I'm bored. Our brother is a strumpet, but at least he's having fun. I need entertainment" Kia complains.

"What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it" Colette tells her.

"It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart" Kia guilt-trips her.

"Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Richard's date" Colette gives in.

"Yes, please go, this house has enough girls rolling around in it" Richard tells them.

"Just like you, Rich" Kia teases.

Richard throws his shoe at Kia who ducks out the door in time. "Good riddance, both of you!"

Elinor enters the room, holding the burnt sage she found "Richard"

"Not you too, Elinor"

"I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?"

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?" Richard asks her.

"Burnt sage" Elinor shows him the sage and he takes it from her "She was doing a privacy spell"

"You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Fiona? She's been doting on her"

"I don't trust Fiona. She hates what we are, she always has"

"That's not true. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" Richard defends his mother.

**********

Gilbert Residence

There's a knock on the door. Eliot walks down the stairs and answers it. Elinor is outside "Eliot"

"Elinor"

"I don't mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany me. I want to show you something"

**********

Woods

Elinor parks her car and she and Eliot get out and walk around. "Forgot how much I missed this land"

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago" Eliot tells her.

"You know, your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that, there was a field where wild horses use to graze"

"That's incredible"

"Come" Elinor leads him further into the woods.

"Do you know this place too?" Eliot asks her.

"I do. Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a girl. Connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance"

Eliot starts to grow nervous "Elinor, I should probably go home"

"I admire you, Eliot. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face"