3x08 - Ordinary People

Picture of Demi Salvatore

Old Lockwood Cellar

Eliot and Althea are walking through the tunnel in the cellar. "So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Eliot asks.

"Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light" Althea mentions the flashlight.

"Wait, what?"

Demi secretly comes up and whispers behind him "Eliot!" He turns around and sees her "Boo!" He jumps from fright.

"Ah! God, Demi!" He gasps.

"Scaredy-cat!"

"Just ignore her. That's what I do" Althea tells him.

"So, you really can't get in?" Eliot asks.

"No. seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire"

"What do you mean, ancient?" Eliot asks her.

"See for yourself" Demi gestures forward. They walk further into the tunnels, to the cave with drawings on the walls. "Well, this is as far as I get to go"

Eliot enters the chamber and shines his flashlight on the walls with the drawings "What's all this?"

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In a simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story" Althea points at the wall "That right there, is the moon cycle" points at another drawing "A man, a wolf"

Eliot stares at the drawings "A werewolf"

"Yeah, it's the Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style" Demi jokes.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original founders in the 1860s"

"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that" Althea tells him.

"How long?"

"Long. It gets better. Show him, Thea"

"Names. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script"

"Vikings?"

"This name here. I translated it and it reads Nicolette"

"Colette" Eliot realizes.

"And Elinor...and Richard" Althea shows the names on the wall.

"These are the names of the original family?" Eliot asks.

"Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire new world, for that matter" Althea tells him.

"Okay, this has gotta be one of Colette's fakes" Eliot says not believing it.

"That's what I said" Demi says.

"That could be true, except the last name up here made us think otherwise" Althea shows the last name.

"What's the name?" Eliot asks.

"Mikael"

"Mikael...Mikael, as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Colette?"

"Yep. I now like to call him Papa original" Demi smirks.

Althea takes photos of the drawings.

**********

Salvatore Boarding House

Eliot enters the house and hears music, while Richard walks into the foyer with champagne glasses "Hey! What's up?" He greets him cheerfully.