epilogue

Some people wonder why I get so offended by my real name. Some think it's just for a bit of attention and others agree with the fact that it's a hideous name. Daileighea. In my opinion, it's a made up name.

The reason behind it all was the fact that I was named after both my grandparents. They both passed away, together, on the day I was born. Ironic, huh? It was as if I was born through their death. Because I was the youngest of 3 and parents did not plan on having anymore children, they thought they could incorporate both my Grandpa and Grandma's name into mine. Dale & Leighea. A beautiful intent with a quite ugly outcome.

At least if Darcy and I died at the same time, and ironically our grandchild is born, they won't have to suffer the consequences of having both our names. Unless our kid is an idiot and settles for Daircy. Except I'm not sure how one would pronounce that.

So why am I bringing all this up? (I know I ramble a lot). To sum it up I am currently sitting at home on my couch with my fiancé and staring at the strange infant in front of us.

"It's terrifyingly adorable." Darcy said, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, as if he was trying to figure out what was going on with the baby.

"Yeah, it's weird to think that she came from my vagina."

"Ew you're so disgusting."

"You're a child, grow up." I snarled as he laughed at me, resting his cheek on my shoulder.

"Well I guess whilst this little beastly creature is sleeping we should name her? I mean we can't just call her baby." Darcy groaned at my comment.

"But in Dirty Dancing, the main character's name is Baby." He whined

"No!-"

"Shh!" Darcy hushed, reminding me of the child we have.

"Her real name is Frances."

"Then just call her Frances!"

"No!" I wished shouted.

Suddenly, my idiot brothers (who are still embarrassingly single after 2 years) walked in the apartment.

"Hey- hey!" Ryan cut himself off to re-assess the volume of his voice before continuing.

"What's up Leighea?" Jamie said.

Instantly, an idea came to mind. I turned to Darcy to see him already looking at me.

"Leah?" He asked and I smiled whilst I nodded.

"With an E, A and a H?"

"Yep."

"Let's do it." We then awkwardly but also naturally shook hands to confirm our baby's name, my brothers looking as confused as ever as they witnessed Darcy and I's seemingly strange conversation.

"What's happening now?" Ryan asked, a dumb look on his face.

"Leah." I simply stated before looking at my daughter who was fast asleep. "Her name is Leah." And Darcy smiled.

8 months later..
daisy.moore

3,659 likes+darcymooore

3,659 likes
+darcymooore

daisy.moore after the honeymoon.. I guess she's not a mummy's girl :-(

view all 136 comments:

darcymooore :P

j_elliott HAAHAHAHHA DARCYS THE FAVOURITE PARENT

ra_elliott shut up you @/j_elliott you're not even the favourite uncle

j_elliott don't be fcking rude @/ra_elliott

daisy.moore lol^ @/ra_elliott

alexfasollo1 aw poor daisy

_jt_24 what have you done daisy??? There must be a reason

daisy.moore @/alexfasollo1 yeah doesn't feel great.. *cough* traitor *cough*

daisy.moore @/_jt_24 IDEK JOSH SHE LOVED ME BEFORE WE LEFT

adam.t.reloar lol what happened when you got home??

daisy.moore @/adam.t.reloar she literally came with my parents to pick us up from the airport and as soon as we came out she was so excited..

daisy.moore @/adam.t.reloar and I was so happy to see my little girl before she ran right past me, who was waiting with opened arms, and towards her dad 😒

darcymooore don't be mad baby I'll make her like you

daisy.moore shut up Moore.

darcymooore I love you, Daisy

tobygreene4 I like these two.^

marcus.bontempelli @/tobygreene4 don't ruin this for me pls.

___
The end :)