chapter nineteen

" time starts to pass, before you know it you're frozen, " leona lewis,, bleeding love

1 week later
jamie's pov
it was a good netball game, equally fair and competitive. This isn't the typical case. Daisy will almost always interfere or object to the umpires call, and will stomp her feet, argue and get, somewhat, violent, which of course leads us too having a two week suspension. Don't get me wrong, my sister was as great as a netball player as I am a footballer, If I do say so myself. But sometimes her irritation gets the best of her.

I was shocked at how calm and sane Daisy was staying on the court today, the umpire was actually being unnecessarily unfair and biased towards the other team, making stupid calls for contact, especially on Daisy. However she was totally fine. Well at least I thought so. Smirking, the umpire called "Obstruction! Wing Attack!"

"That's it!" Daisy yelled, and the game play stopped. Oh shit, "You have been calling me up for stupid and fucked rules like shortening, like what does that even mean?! And-- and also- you pull me up for contact when I'm no where near her!" I'm covered my face as I tried to ignore my argumentative sister. Despite people's attempt to calm her, this made her even angrier, making me groan in frustration and I shot out of my seat.

"Alright, Daisy! We get it, all of us." I scolded my sister, and referred to the spectators. "Now, I'm so sorry about this," I turned to the supervisor.

"I'm not," I heard Daisy mumble, arrogantly.

"Shut up, you." I punted my finger at her, in a threatening way. I then faced the supervisor once again "Anyway, how long is she suspended for.." I looked at the ladies tag, ".. Uh, Sue?"

"110 years, for the both of you," she narrowed her eyes as mine popped out of my head. Banned? 110 years? What? Was 'suspended for life' not good enough for them, that they had to be that extra?

"Please ma'am," I tried to reason with her, desperately begging. "All she wants to do is play netball." I looked over to Daisy, and saw her picking at her nails as if nothing was wrong,

"Well, whilst Daisy is on court, there is no way of a netball game to start and end at the required time or way. She always makes a fuss and picks a fight with either an umpire or a player. I'm sorry but she has to go." Soon enough security escorted us out and while I was driving home in a panic, the little fucker next to me was singing Happy, the pharrel williams song.

I was so done, with her attitude, when it comes to sports, she can be so bratty. I was overthinking things, the traffic in front of me and the body filled of happiness beside me wasn't helping. And that's when I lost it and slammed my hand on the steering wheel.

"I'm done, Daileighea! I'm so done!"

"W--what?" Daisy spoke, rather surprised,

"Don't act like everything is okay, Daisy, because it's not!" She furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"Is this because you got banned from the netball stadium? Because if it is I'm so-"

"This isn't about the netball suspension, this is about you! and your fucked up attitude!" My sisters expression showed she was dumbfounded as she blinked slowly. I groaned in frustration as i rubbed my eyes, slowly strapping my hands down my face.

"Jamie, I-- I didn't mean to yell at the umpire,"

"I don't care for that, Daisy! It's the fact that you don't take responsibility for your own actions! I can't always be there to fix your problems. Which you always cause because some how it always ends up with me stressing, you being totally fine and Darc-" I stopped myself. Shit, I said to much. I already hurt her enough and I had to mention Darcy's name.

"Darcy?" She said, harshly, "What did I do to Darcy?"

"Nothing,"

"What because he helped me out last week when you wouldn't?"

"Daisy I tried to help you last week, now drop this conversation! It's nothing,"

"Well it doesn't sound like nothing,"

"Leave it alone Daisy,"

"What are you hiding from me?"

"Daisy I said stop,"

"What is it?! I'm your best friend your supposed to tell me these things!"

"I can't tell you!" I huffed, slamming my hand, once again, on the steering wheel.

"Why not." She spat,

"Because not everything's about you, you don't need to know everything," I said rolling my eyes as I got out of the car, walking down the empty sidewalk. But Daisy caught up to me and pulled me back to face her.

"Well then why were you trying to use Darcy against me?" She screamed

"Because he's in love with you!" I yelled. Fuck. What have I done?

"Darcy doesn't love me, Jamie. Don't play with me." She sucked in a sharp breath.

"He does, but your too fucking oblivious to see it and your breaking his heart!" I sighed and rubbed my temples.

"Jamie, why are you bringing this up now? It's so irrelevan-"

"Well ever since Darcy saved you last week, you've been blowing him off. You at least owe it to him to see him!" I screamed, I could see my sisters body tense and shrink down. She knew I was right.

"Jamie this is so stupid, he doesn't love me-"

"Well now I know what kind of friend you are," Daisy and I snapped our necks towards the new voice that had joined us. Darcy.

"Shit," I muttered, I saw Darcy walk away from us. His shoulders slumped and the tall boy marched down the street.

"Darcy stop, please." I yelled, out to my friend. All I got in response was his middle finger and a 'Fuck Off'.

I sighed, draping my hands over my face and turned to my sister who shook her head in disgust.

"You ruined everything, Jamie." I looked at Daisy, tears in her eyes, as she followed Darcy down the street. I stood next to my car, becoming overwhelmed and stressed. What a disappointment. "Our friendship with Darcy. And our friendship. We're not friends anymore, your just my brother."