Chapter 1

Y/N's POV

Sitting in a table along with Shawn, Ashton, Calum, Luke and Michael is what I call a "normal day". These guys have been around me since fifth grade because our fathers were the closest of friends. And like them, we too, were inseparable since.

I do not have any siblings but I did not feel like an only child because I basically grew up with them by my side most of the time. These boys have never failed to make me feel safe and indifferent despite me being the only girl in our circle. Though, as the gentlemen they are, they tend to protect me more than they protect each other. Well, I do not complain. It's a good kind of difference.

As I scan my eyes around the cafeteria, a girl caught my eye. Not just a girl, it was my ex, Camila Cabello. She glanced at me and went to their table with her friends, Dinah, Normani and Ally.

"Wooops, Y/L/N. Its Cabello and friends over there." Michael said while pointing at their table.

"Stop pointing your fucking fingers Clifford. You're too obvious." Calum said while eating his sandwich.

"Damn, okay. No need to be rude." Michael replied. Calum just rolled his eyes on Michael. I chuckled at their little banter and put my attention back to Camila.

"Well, Y/N, I know you badly want her back but staring at her wouldn't do anything." Shawn replied. Shawn is really the one I trust the most among the five because he's good at giving advices.

"You're pretty much right. Thanks Shawn." I replied before standing up and heading towards Camila and her friends' table.

I finally reached their table and I can't help but feel nervous around her. I know we're over since last year but I still feel anxious when she's around. But I know better. I shouldn't show that.

"Hey Cabello." I greeted while showing my smug smile. "Dawg, can't you see we're eating?" Dinah said sassily. "Dog, can't you hear I'm talking?" I mocked her. She rolled her eyes at me and continued eating her food.

Dinah and I never got along really well since she doesn't want me dating Camila. She literally said how Austin's a better match for Camila right in front of my face.

"Y/L/N, what are you doing here?" Camila asked in a harsh tone. "What a great response to greetings." I replied, my smug aura still not fading off.

"Well, I don't want you here so go back to your little squad." She replied still in a harsh tone. "Look, I'm just trying to be friendly." I fake pouted. "Well I'm not, so bye." She replied while standing up together with her friends and started to walk away.

Dinah glanced at me and stuck her tongue out. What a bitch.

As I looked back at our table, I can see the boys snickering at me except Shawn, he gave me an apologetic smile.

I went back to my seat and looked outside as I see Camila and her friends laughing about something.

I'll take you back Cabello. You know I will.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I hope you'll like it. Well, sorry about the grammatical errors cause I'm not fluent so I apologize.