Chapter 6: Happiness Washed Away.

[Chapter 6: Happiness Washed Away.]

It had been a while since then. The hosts had often visited  her, in groups or alone. When Mitsukuni came, he brought cake and other sweets for her. When the twins came for  a visit, they would always make her burst out into laughter.

When Kyoya came, they always had a nice chat together and did some writing.  When Haruhi came, she often brought a bentou for her. Tamaki would always bring a bunch of roses and a kind smile...

Takashi, He came with many different gifts. Flowers,chocolates,a photo of the two of them together, a photo of the host club and her, magazines and more. But he didn't even have to bring a gift to make her happy. 

Same with the others..Just being there made her happy.

For a while everything was good.. But, happiness doesn't last forever.

It was a dark night.

"...I'm afraid that.. We won't find a heart in time." The doctor Nowaki told Makoto and her parents  who were gathered in her hospital room. "I know this just sounds like i'm repeating myself but.." He clenched his fists,"We don't have much time left."

Miyagi's eyebrows furrowed,"..There isn't anything we can do..? We got to keep trying! W-"

"I'm sorry." Nowaki interupted him, a grim look on his face.

Kyoko's eyes watered, "No.." She turned to Makoto,"I don't want my baby to die..!" She hugged her tightly, sobbing. Makoto's arms wrapped around her crying mother tightly. Tears formed in her eyes.

A weak smile went on the dying girls face,"I-It's okay.. Don't worry..Everything will turn out just fine." 'Well i hope anyway..'She added in thought.

Miyagi forced himself to not cry. He was a man. He couldn't  cry like this.. even though he wanted to burst into tears. His phone beeped. The tall man took it out of his pocket, checking the text message we got. He sighed, "We've got to go.."

Kyoko sniffled, letting go of Makoto,"W-We'll stay longer next time..Okay?"

Makoto smiled softly,"I look forward to it."

After giving her parents a hug and a kiss, they left. Nowaki turned to her,"I'm so sorry, Makoto.. We're doing everything we can.."

"I know, Doc." Makoto beamed,"I believe in you. Things will turn out okay!"

Nowaki smiled weakly,"Yeah.." He looked to his clipboard then back to Makoto,"I wil visit you later, okay? Get some rest." Makoto nodded to him before he walked out. 

Once she was alone, She cried. '..I hate putting up a strong act..'She thought,' ..I-I don't want to die..I don't want to die..  Why is this happening to me?!' She sniffled, trying not to sob too loud because the nurses would hear.  Her heart began to hurt.

"T-Taka...Takash-Takashi.."She spoke almost breathlessly, her eyes threatening to close. Her hand reached for her phone, grabbing it then dialing in Takashi's phone number. She  held it up to her ear, waiting for an answer.

Takashi's eyes opened. He was asleep. He reached out for his phone, grabbing it and looking at the caller ID. Instantly he answered,"...Hello." He actually spoke.  Fear began to strike up in his heart as he heard Makoto's voice. It was shaky and breathless. 

Something was wrong.

"They..Takashi..They.. They t-told me.. They won't find a time in time.. I.. I mean they won't..!"Makoto panted. With her free hand she clenched the bed sheets," T-They won't find a heart in time.. They..I'm going to-- to die.. I..." Her breathing became heavy and the pain in her chest worsened.