Chapter 1: Alternate Souls

24th September, 2018

Why are you busy plotting life when your story has already been fated by the Best of authors?

Flashes. She could only imagine them, the vibes extracted from the memory were dead and it somewhat felt like she had never even lived in those lived moments.

Her childhood felt like a lost dream and a faded scent of perfection.

She refused to open her eyes, she didn't care what time was bringing her way or if the sea's waves would wash her away.

She felt downright cathartic, not bothering what the passersby had to say or think, she needed this, she needed her time back! The world didn't have the right to steal her time nor did it consider to at least return those moments to her.

Who could she blame, time or the world?

None! As it was all planned by her Rabb! She could nothing but to accept it and move on. She stood on the thick wooded parapet, dared herself for the fall but she knew, the shallowness of the sea would fail to intake her depth. She also wouldn't mind swimming in the salt with her warm clothes, she wouldn't mind to forget her childhood, as missing it, yearning to relive her past was aching her to the core.

Her hands were tucked in her abaya's pockets, she stood with nonchalance, listening to the silent chatter of the calm waves, the soft chirps of the delegate birds and the wind's smooth movement.

It had been more than thirty minutes, and she still refused to open her eyes or to even hop down. The bittersweet memories were causing a burning effect in her heart, settling a foreign weight within her chest and she couldn't take it any longer.

A mess, she hadn't seen coming!

The corniche was almost empty by then, she smiled and inhaled the silence absorbed from the aura, but before she could give away her heart to the sea, a known person interrupted her.

Expected!

"So, I don't understand! Is it suicide that you want to commit or you actually have some abnormal issues?! Because suicidal people don't stand a few feet away from the ground to commit the deed, and abnormal people don't even know if they are supposed to stand a million feet high to actually die! And I can't even guess if it's something in between because that wouldn't make any sense!" She held up her hands.

Taraa opened her eyes, which eventually dulled down. With her signature bored eyes, she slowly got down from the parapet and eyed her friend.

"You found me!" The tone of her voice was bored.

"And I found out that you haven't registered . . ." Her friend sighed! "Why?!"

"Malak, I don't wanna talk about it!"

"Yeah, but I deserve an explanation." Her friend retorted.

"You didn't come all the way here to corniche for this, did you?!" Taraa's tone suggested it more like a statement.

"Maybe, maybe not! But you don't get to drop bombs like that!"

With a bored expression, and a tired sigh, she strode towards where her car was parked. Malak followed her, she was oddly quiet and disappointed.