Camreigh & Sophia

"Sophia, why does your brother have to be so hot!" I said scrolling through his Instagram photos.

Sophia gave me a look of disgust while she finished painting the last of her toenails in Perfectly Pink polish at the edge of my bed.

"Camreigh, please that is beyond gross!" She said moving back closer to me pulling her phone out and playing with her camera. "Do something silly!" She spat sticking her tongue out and crossing her eyes.

It made me giggle, so we did a couple more

It made me giggle, so we did a couple more. "Are you still looking at pictures of Peter? Girl you have it bad." She babbled. "But it's still gross!"

I sighed heavily throwing my head into my big purple pillow that laid behind me and sulked.

"I know... and it's not my fault Peter is one of the hottest guy's in our school. I'm sorry you were forced to have him as a brother and not blessed to have him as eye candy!" I said laughing, but Sophia didn't think it was funny.

She shook her body like she had a cold chill take over her and just ignored me as always.

It wasn't like I had a chance anyways, Peter was a senior and one of the most popularist guys in our school. If it wasn't for Sophia being my friend since grade school he wouldn't of even known I existed.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

Sophia and I were about to embark on our tenth grade year at Adler High, and we still managed to sit at the reject table and literally only have one other friend we spoke too we were invisible.

This year I wanted things to be different. I wanted to be somebody or try something new like Soccer or Music but I was so shy I couldn't even give an oral report without puking.

Sophia was the total opposite and maybe she got her confidence from Peter. She may have been the black sheep of the family but she never held back from telling somebody exactly how she felt, even if it meant standing up to the most popular girl in school, she had the backbone I lacked severely.

Though I knew my chances with someone like Peter were few and far between. It didn't stop me from daydreaming about him. That smile, those brown eyes he was the ultimate catch.

I guess being friends with his little sister did have it's advantages he may of acted like we didn't exist, but that also worked in our favor when his Lacrosse buddies hazed the "loser" kids at school. We were always over looked which made me think he did watch out for her (us) even if he didn't admit it.

It was the last Saturday before school started and I was dreading it even more so than the year before.

"Can't we just skip tenth and go straight to 12th? We're smart enough...." I said jokingly making Sophia laugh.

"I wish that were the case then maybe we'd already be in college dating cute frat guys and out of this hell hole!" She laughed.

Neither one of us had ever had a "real" boyfriend much less a serious relationship, which only made me want one more.

This school year was going to be Awesome! I just had to keep reminding myself that change is a good thing!

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~