You'll Always Have Me (Letters To Harry)

Declan Malfoy stared at the blank parchment paper. He wanted to write something, but he didn't know what to say. He wanted Harry to know how he felt, but would Harry reciprocate those feelings of his?

 "How long have you been staring at the same parchment for?" Rolf asked, watching Declan with interest.

 "Who knows?" Declan sighed and put down his pen. "Forget it. I don't know what I'm gonna say, anyway."

 "Is it another letter to Harry Potter? If you're getting to be friends, why wouldn't he be happy to hear from you, Declan?"

 "Because of what it is I'm going to tell him," Declan answered. "And I...I don't know if I can do it."

 "All right. Why not, then? What's got you so worried, Declan?"

 "It's not so simple, Rolf. I...I think I'm in love with Harry."

 Rolf raised his eyebrows. "You're in love with him? For real?"

 Declan nodded. "I think I am. This has been coming for a while, Rolf. Look, I...I'm gay, all right? And you're the first person I've ever said that to out loud. You know, there are no gay Malfoys or Lestranges."

 "Not any that have said so," Rolf pointed out. "That doesn't mean there are any."

 "I know, but it's not like anybody would actually come out about it. Far as I know, my parents have no clue."

 "Well...shouldn't you ought to tell them? You know, for when you do starting dating someone, whether it's Harry or someone else."

 "I know. I know I should, but I haven't. They'd probably accept it eventually. I hope they'd eventually accept it."

 Rolf nodded. "Well, if no one else does, you know you'll always have me."

 Declan gave him a small smile. "Thanks, Rolf. You don't seem surprised about this."

 "Well...I did already sort of think you might be gay. It's just that you've never been interested in girls, and you're always on about Harry Potter, so I just thought maybe you were in love with him. And if you want to know how he feels, I think you'd better start writing."

 Declan looked back down at the parchment. He picked up his pen, and started with Dear Harry.