New Ways (Taking Over Me)

Antoinette knocked softly on Cami's door. "Cami? It's Antoinette. If you're in there...please open up. I want to see you, please."

 She waited and waited until she finally heard the door unlock, and Cami opened it.

 "You're here late," she remarked.

 "I know. I was worried about you. I know from my own experience that turning is nowhere near easy. Honestly, I...I didn't think you were going to turn, after you came to say goodbye."

 Cami sighed. "I know, and I'm sorry I put you through that. I really thought I was going to die."

 "Can I ask why you chose to stay and be a vampire?"

 "I thought maybe I could do some good if I stuck around. I could do things for the people of New Orleans, and I still have friends here. I have you, Antoinette. How could I put you through losing someone like that again?"

 Antoinette nodded. "So you did this with me in mind?"

 "Of course I did. But I haven't really done much good so far. I have these mood swings, I can barely keep myself from sucking people dry, and I would really like to go get revenge on Aurora de Martel for doing this to me, despite the fact that I know it's a terrible idea."

 Antoinette shrugged. "Probably is, but it's okay for you to be angry. And you know what? Forget what everyone else is telling you. You can learn, and I'm always here if you need help." She took Cami's hands in hers. "Don't forget that."

 Cami smiled. "Have I ever told you I love you?"

 Antoinette smiled and nodded. "Many times, and I'll never grow tired of hearing it."