I'm twelve, I'll worry about boys when I'm sixteen

Start from the beginning

                                                                 **M**

The pups stood guard as I replaced the cold cloth on Sasuke’s forehead. He and Naruto were still out of it. I sighed and sat back wiping away a stray tear.

Hours had passed and still there was no sign of Rima. I refused to believe what that sick man said was true. She wasn’t dead. I knew it, she couldn’t be.

“Do you really believe what Orochimaru said?” Dawn asked Shadow and I stayed still listening to their conversation.

“I don’t know. Maybe Rima pulled a fast one and escaped, maybe he’s just lying-.”

“Or maybe he left her out there for dead and we’re stuck here,” Dawn finished.

“We have to follow her orders,” Shadow spoke.

“I don’t understand why she couldn’t just use that. It would have finished him straight away.”

Shadow shook his head at her. “She can’t use that technique, not in front of her team.”

Technique? I frowned. Were they talking about her eyes? What are you hiding Rima?

“I don’t want to lose her,” Dawn whimpered.

“Me either,” Shadow agreed lying down with a whine. “It won’t be the same if she doesn’t return.”

Gaara’s p.o.v

I stopped walking and glanced around. There was no one here but I felt something. Something I only began to feel around a certain girl. Temari and Kankuro continued on a few steps before noticing me. They glanced at each other then looked at me.

“Gaara? What is it?” She asked softly.

“You two go on ahead,” I ordered and walked the other way searching for that girl. Why would she be here?

I went into a clearing with a pile of trees on the ground and halted. As I watched one tree flew up into the air and crashed to the ground a few metres away. Another tree soon followed the first. Eventually all the trees had been moved revealing a deep crater.

I wandered closer and gazed into it to find that girl lying there. She was covered in blood, her blood and was gasping for breath. A thick stick protruded from her stomach and she groaned.

Sand flowed down to her and gently wrapped around her fragile body. She tensed and her head jerked up to me. Bright silver eyes met mine as she was lifted into the air but she didn’t scream out or beg. She just watched me as the sand eased her to the grass at my feet.