13 HCN

Logan

I went back to my apartment and occupied myself with any little task I could fine. I needed to be active or I'd start think about Liam and the woman he had in his apartment and I'd get sad.

I know we weren't official or anything and I hardly expected him to remain celibate because I kept on turning him down. He's an extremely attractive man and he'd have no problem getting female attention.

We're not exclusive I don't even know what we are. We're neighbours and friends, but friends typically don't flirt and talk about tasting each other. I was having fun with Liam until this happened. It's nice to have a man interested in me that I can actually talk to plus it's a gradual step to get over my horrible relationship and start dating again.

I think Liam just proved he isn't the best candidate to do that with. I don't blame him for having company. We've not even gone on a date despite the numerous times we've had dinner at my apartment or his.

A soft knock on the door jarred me out of my thoughts and I realised I was standing in the middle of my sitting room staring at the wall while i was thinking. Maybe whoever this will take my mind of Liam.

I rushed to open the door and saw the person knocking. Instead of taking my mind of Liam the person on the door had my mind racing a minute about what she was doing here.

"Hi, my name is Jen and I just want to talk to you for a minute. May I come in?" Ordinarily I would've shut the door in her face but she seemed so sincere and honest that I couldn't do that.

Besides I was curious about her presence. Shouldn't she be with Liam right now. It's been less than five minutes that I left and I know they can't be done so soon.

Opening the door wider I invited her in and offered her a drink, which she declined.

"Look, I know what you think something happened between Liam and I and I just wanted to clear that up." She said as I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"You don't own me an explanation. Liam isn't mine and I'm not his. He can be with however he wants." I stated honestly.

"That's true but what's also true is that nothing happened between us tonight." She stated softly. "Talk about being disappointed."

I fold my arms across my chest. "Look, Jen, you don't -"

"Nothing happened because he couldn't stop thinking about you." She blurted.

I hide my shock behind a mask of skepticism. "Do you really expect me to believe that Liam called you over and tonight nothing happened?" I asked.

She took a few steps in my direction. "Yes. As soon as you left he apologized and said he couldn't go through with it because, and I quote: I thought I could fuck myself into forgetting about something but I can't and I don't think I ever will."

"And you just assume that I'm that someone?"

She chuckled. "I don't have to assume anything. I've known Liam for a while now and the way he looked at you was like nothing I've witnessed before," she stated. "He couldn't stop staring at you if I paid him to. Besides, if I had not shown up tonight the two of you surely would have ended up fucking each other's brains out."

I rolled my eyes as if it wasn't true. She was right. The way Liam kissed me, touched me, turned me on beyond belief. If she hadn't shown up when she did I believe things would have been taken to the next level with Liam.

"I may not have known Liam as long as you have but I've known him long enough and I'd rather not get involved with a guy like him." I stated.

"And how is a guy like Liam?"

"Someone who prefers sex over being in a relationship beyond sexual acts. Liam is a nice guy, don't get me wrong, but I'm sure he's broken some hearts with his inability to commit to anyone."

Jen smiled. "I agree with you. That was who Liam was...before you came along."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Liam is smitten with you, Logan. He wants you in so many ways beyond just sexual. And the thought of you with anyone else pisses him the fuck off." She said and leaned against my island counter."He nearly bit his best friends head of when he asked about going after you."

I raised a brow.

"Yeah. You're a wanted woman, Logan and Liam is at the top of the list of men that want you."

I took a breath.

"You seem so sure of that." I stated and took a big wallow of my bottled water.

She chuckled. "That's because I know I'm right. Look, you don't have to believe me but you can't ignore the signs," she looked at me with a serious look in her eyes "Liam wants you and he will stop at nothing to have you."

I swallow.

Damn, that sounded like a threat.

"Okay, even if Liam does want me, I don't want him." I clearly lied.

She scoffed. "Now, you and I both know that's a damn lie. You want him, too. Maybe not as badly as he wants you but you still want him."

I rolled my eyes.

"You do know that it's okay to like someone even if you know they aren't right for you, right?" She asked.

I sighed, finally just giving in.

"I shouldn't want him the way that I do. I should be repulsed by the man he is and steer clear of him but I can't." I admitted. "Every time I see him all I want to do is jump him on the damn spot." I groaned.

"Liam tends to get that reaction from a lot of women." Jen laughed. "Look, I'm going to go but do me a favor? Don't write him off just yet. He can be an ass at times but he's not so bad once you get to know him."

I smiled and nodded.

"I don't know you well enough to do you any favors but I will take your request into consideration."

She smiled.

"That's all I ask."