Destination Love-Epilogue

Taylor sat on the back porch, rocking in her chair, while she watched her children playing fetch with Buddy. 

Alex stepped out onto the porch, and handed her a cup of coffee before settling down on the chair next to her. "How are you doing, babe?" 

"Wonderful." She grinned, "Buddy's getting his work out today." 

"It looks like it." He leaned over, and rubbed her belly, "How are these three?" 

She groaned, "Kicking me. I seriously didn't think we'd have three at a time." 

He turned to the kids playing in the yard, "Stacy seems to be settling in." 

Taylor watched their fourteen-year-old newly adopted daughter throw the tennis ball across the yard. "She is. I think she really loves having siblings." 

"Oh, before I forget, Chloe called. She'll be here for the Halloween Party with the kids." 

"Good. I'll need her more than ever this year." 

"She said she's willing to give up the party on campus to come here and help for the week." 

"That's a relief." 

"Leah will be here too." 

Taylor's gaze went to five-year-old Benjamin as he kicked a ball with his five-year-old brother Mason. "I think Ben will love seeing her." 

"I got another call today," Alex leaned back in the chair, "that wasn't as pleasant." 

"What's that?" 

"Jacob is getting out of jail, and wants to see his daughter." 

Three-year-old Samantha climbed the stairs, and reached for Alex. As he lifted is foster daughter onto his lap, his gaze met his wife's. 

"We'll deal with it." She said. "Lord knows it won't last long." 

"We knew it wasn't going to be easy." 

"I know. I just wish he wasn't doing what he's doing." She glanced at the little girl who had come into their lives after her father, who had been a foster child through the foundation, had stolen a car and landed in jail. The child's mother was also in prison. 

"He's getting out on good behavior, so hopefully that means he's turning his life around." 

"Is he staying in Detroit?" 

"He has to for his parole." 

"There's a blessing." Taylor scooted to the edge of the chair, and slowly stood. "Kids. Time to get washed up for dinner." 

As she followed her family into the house, Taylor counted herself more than blessed. Her life was as perfect as it could be. She had a loving husband, beautiful children, and more love flowing through her than she had ever thought possible. 

It's been a good five years, she thought, and there's only more good things to come. 

Eleven-year-old Ava came up beside her and wrapped her arm around Taylor's waist, "Love you, Mom." 

Yes, Taylor thought, it's pretty damn perfect!