Destination Love-Chapter Eleven

"Look what I have!" 

"Opal!" Taylor pushed the button to move the bed into a sitting position. "Thank God. You are a life saver." 

The older woman handed over a brand new cellphone. "Pretty much everything has been restored." 

Taylor grabbed eagerly for the device, "Oh, thank you." 

"I also brought you a few things from the office, including your laptop." 

"I'm in heaven." 

"That looks painful." Opal dropped her purse in a chair, and studied the brace. "How long are you in that thing?" 

"Three months." Taylor answered, "At least." 

"What can I do?" 

"I have those two consults this afternoon. See if they can come here." 

"Are you sure you want that?" 

"I don't think Mom can handle either of them. I would rather talk to them myself. If they don't trust that I can plan their wedding even when I'm laid up then they can go elsewhere." 

"Alright, I'll call them." 

"Thank you." 

"We got a call this morning," Opal moved her purse, and sat in the chair, "requesting a meeting with you. The woman wouldn't tell me what it was about. She just said she was only in town for today, and wanted to meet with you." 

"Well," Taylor shrugged, "tell her where I am." 

"Do you want me to stay here with you?" 

"No, you better stick close to the office, or my siblings are going to do something stupid." 

"When the cats away?" 

"The mice will play, exactly. I don't want to tempt them." 

"Do you need anything before I go?" 

"A big cup of coffee." 

"They aren't giving you any here?" 

"Not enough." 

Opal laughed, "Yes, Boss." Shaking her head, she left the room. 

Taylor opened the laptop. Her inbox showed nearly a hundred emails. She was still sorting through them when Opal returned with the coffee. 

"I'm surprised your doctor isn't here." 

Taylor rolled her eyes. "Not you too." 

"Oh, I know how much you loved having that baby in the office." 

"You know I love kids." Taylor shrugged. 

"The doctors kids especially." Opal wiggled her eyebrows. 

"All kids." Taylor corrected. 

Opal laughed, "I made those calls while I was waiting in line for your coffee. All three agreed to come here." 

"Great." 

"Are you sure you don't want me to stick around?" 

Taylor pushed the button for the television. "Nope, I'm going to sit here, answer emails, watch TV, and enjoy the pain meds." 

"Good grief." Opal stood, and headed for the door. "Call me if you need anything." 

Left alone, Taylor found a movie and let it play in the background as she went through emails. 

An hour later, the door opened, "Miss Dixon?" A young woman entered followed by a young man. 

"Come in." Taylor forced a smile. The pain killer was wearing off; her leg was beginning to throb.