Destination Love-Chapter Fourteen

"Is that the only thing that's got you annoyed?" Jillian asked as she settled on the end of Taylor's bed.

"Isn't that enough?" Taylor leaned over and grabbed one of the books. "We need flooring, paint for every room, right?"

"Yes." Jillian folded her arms. "Come on, Tay. I know you well enough. You've got enough contacts to find a way around the Pastor. Something else has you upset."

"I'm not upset."

"Bullshit."

Taylor rolled her eyes, "Fine. Remember Marc?"

"Your sleazy lawyer ex? Sure, I remember him."

"I am planning his wedding."

Jillian laughed, "Wow, I didn't expect that."

"I didn't either. I wasn't going to but, then his father came over, and convinced me the publicity would be good for the company."

"And whatever's good for the company is good for Taylor Dixon." Jillian stood, "Who's he marrying? An celebrity?"

"Pretty much. She's the Governor's daughter."

Jillian laughed, "Perfect."

"How so?"

"Use her."

Taylor looked confused.

"Tell her, you'll only do the wedding if she helps you with the orphans. I'm sure if the Governor's daughter visits the orphanage and says something about the kids coming here, or accepting the charity. Maybe it will help."

"Maybe." Taylor studied her sister-in-law, "Thanks, I appreciate the advice."

"I appreciate you giving my father this job. His company had hit a slow spot and he was about to lay off a bunch of people."

"I am happy that he was able to do this so quickly. I think it will benefit the girls to have their own space."

"They have their own space here." Jillian pointed out.

"Yeah, well." Taylor shrugged, and looked over to see Mason's eyes drooping. "I wish they could stay forever, but I don't think it's fair to them."

"Yeah, I agree. That would mean their hunky doctor father would have to stay too."

"Jill..." Taylor was shocked at her sister-in-laws words. "Seriously?"

Jillian laughed, and rubbed her belly, "Ugh, this one is making me sick. I gotta go home and lay down."

Taylor nodded, "Well, if you ever want to chat, come on over. I'm not going anywhere."

Jillian nodded, "Dad needs those selections soon so he can get everything ordered. He found a supplier in Muskegon who can do the entire project for nearly half of what it would cost in Detroit."

"Hmm, maybe he needs to use a supplier here."

"Not only that," Jillian said excitedly, "The supplier got Dad in touch with a company that buys and sells houses. Basically what Dad does, but they are always looking for people to work on the renovations. They would give Dad a percentage of the profit."

"That's great, Jill."

"Alright, let me know what you decide on those colors." Jillian gave a wave, and left the room.

Taylor flopped back on the bed, a glance over a Mason confirmed he was asleep. "I think that's a great idea." She murmured, and pulled the covers up over herself.