Destination Love-Chapter Fifteen

"Wow, must have been some good news." Alex carried in a tray.

"Remember the lady from the youth center from the hospital yesterday?" Taylor scooted back to level out her legs as he sat the tray over her lap, "Oh, Alex," She caught sight of the single red rose sitting in a small vase on the tray, "That's beautiful. Thank you." Taylor moved the rose vase to her night table, and turned a smile to him.

"I was hoping it would bring that smile." The tray held two bowls of soup, and plates of salad. He took one of the bowls and a plate to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Use that." Taylor pointed to the rolling bed table.

"You were saying about the lady from the youth center."

"Yes, so the Pastor called to refuse me. He said they weren't accepting charity for the children."

"That doesn't sound right."

"I agree. So when Angel asked me if she could do something..."

"Angel?"

"Marc's fiance."

"You talked to her?"

"Oh, geez. Alex, keep up." Taylor laughed, "Tony convinced me that it would be a good idea to go ahead with planning Marc's wedding, since he is marrying a political icon and it will bring a lot of high profile people here. We'll get some business from it."

"Makes sense. If he wasn't your ex."

"I'll just have to deal with that part. I mean, it was along time ago, and I don't miss him." She shrugged. "I'm over him, but..."

"But...it still stings that he was able to fool you, or make fool of you?"

"Exactly."

"So, Tony convinced you?"

"Yes, so I said I would do it. When he left, he called Angel, and helped her understand what it felt like on my side. So Angel calls me and actully aplogized for going after Marc when she knew he was engaged."

"Wow, that's pretty incredible."

"She must have heard the annoyance in my voice because she asked if there was anything she could to do change my mind about the kind of person I think she is. I thought of the kids, and told her what the Pastor had said. Turns out, her family attends that church, and are very well known."

"Nice coincidence."

"Very. So Angel said she was going to make some calls. I just got a call from the Bishop who oversees the church. He said they accept my offer, and told me to contact Jennifer to arrange it."

"So they're going to come here for a day or so?"

"A Day? No, a week."

"A week? You're going to host thirty-six kids for a week?"

"Yes, it's going to be so much fun."

Alex looked at her as though she had grown a second head, "I can barely be around my own three kids without going bonkers."

Taylor laughed, "Oh, Alex, you just wait. When you see how much fun those kids are going to have with the stuff I have in mind..." She shook her head, and grabbed her phone. "I have to call Jennifer and find out when we can do this."

"Taylor, eat your lunch before it gets cold and I have to warm it up again."

With a sigh, she put down her phone and picked up her spoon. "I'm just so excited."

"I couldn't tell." He teased.

They ate their lunch, and as soon as he went down to take care of their dishes, Taylor grabbed her phone, and dialed Jennifer's number.