27. "I'll get it all sorted out eventually."

A/N: I said I'd update today, so here's the trash you guys want for some unknown reason.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(2 Weeks later).

Annie and I were supposed to go to the mall today.

Lauren was going to stay at Hayden's house, to spend time with her lovely father :)

Annie and I would've hung out at Hayden's house, but we've been doing that so much lately. It's getting pretty boring. Having a little change– even if it's just something small– is always good.

Annie was going to invite Hayden, but I told her not to. It's not that I don't like Hayden's company, I do. But if Hayden comes, that means Johnny has to come. They're kind of a package deal now, due to the fact that Johnny basically lives with Hayden.

Annie understood where I was coming from, and didn't even bother to tell Hayden about this.

Annie and I were walking down the mall, each one bag in hand. We were both on our phones, slowly walking to avoid bumping into someone accidentally.

We came to a stop at the food centre. We both got comfortable at a table for 2, placing our bags and other belongings on the table.

Annie places her phone on the table, positioning herself to face me. "I actually have something to tell you," Annie speaks. I nod my head, taking my eyes off of my phone, allowing her to proceed. "I'm officially moved in with Hayden."

Her parents kicked her out, and she had promised me she'd ask Hayden to move in. They've been dating for years, you might aswell. It's not like they're going to fight, they never do. Everyone knows they won't break up. Then again, people thought Johnny and I would never break out.

Look how that turned out.

I grinned widely, while she had a worrisome expression on her face. I immediately frowned, noticing her mood. "What's wrong?" I questioned.

She shrugged. "It's nothing."

 I narrowed my eyes, knowing there was more to the story. Annie refused to say anything, so I crossed my arms, acting like a baby. I leaned into the chair, with an annoyed expression on my face.

I don't like when people hide things from me. Especially Annie, she knows I can't trust people easily because of Johnny and Nadia.

Annie groaned, giving in. "Fine! I thought you didn't want me sleeping in the same house as Johnny."

I flinched, regaining my position right after. Why would she think I didn't want her sleeping in the same house as Johnny? It wouldn't case me any jealousy or anything like that. They dated in high school. It's not like Johnny and I are married anymore anyway. 

Besides, i trust Annie. If it was some random girl that was livign with Johnny, I admit, I'd be jealous.

"This is what I mean. You're not comfortable with it," Annie sighed, staring down at the floor.

"No, no, no. I am comfortable with it. I just don't know why you would think that, I don't have any feelings for Johnny anymore," I hurriedly lied. The lie sounded somewhat believable. Someone I barely knew would easily believe it, but this is Annie we're talking about.

Annie chuckled, as I tilted my head. "What?" I wondered, knowing she saw right past my lie.

"We both know you still have feelings for Johnny, it's not that hard to figure out. Even Hayden knows." Annie explained.

I face-palmed, knowing she was right. 

The past 2 weeks have been hard on me. I've been moody, basically everyone has noticed. Johnny has kept his distance, so he doesn't try anything anymore. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing to be honest. I've lashed out on Lauren a couple times, but Johnny was there most of the times, so he kept me under control.

Hayden was kind of always the one sitting back, drinking his juice box, watching the scene play out. Annie and Johnny have also gotten in a few more fights. Things even got physical one time, but Hayden broke up the fight. Sadly, I wasn't there to see it. Hayden told me about it, but Johnny and Annie haven't spoken about it yet. 

They keep their distance from each other. They've tried to make it work, but everything became pretty chaotic.

Annie had basically already moved in. She spends most of her time at Hayden's house, and spends several nights there aswell.

This wasn't her fault. It was mine.

If i just forgive Johnny, everything could go back to normal. Johnny will move in with me again, so Hayden and Annie are living alone, causing the chaoticness to stop. Lauren will finally have parents that get along again. 

Johnny was right, I've slowly begun talking to him again. I was completely terrified of even looking him in the eye, but things are easier now. I treat him like an actual human being, and not the human form of the devil.

I've begun to get used to him, we've even had a few slip-ups. At this point, I don't know how things will turn out. We'll either end up together or be split up for the rest of our lives.

This is why I've been hanging around Annie more often, she'll keep me away from Johnny and lecture me to keep my feelings in check.

Brynn is still missing, and I've been getting nightmares at night, so my sleeping isn't all that great. I dream about the incident that happened at the park, it's played on a loop over and over again, it's like I can't wake up from it. Once I do wake up, I'm panting for air. This doesn't happen often, maybe just a couple times the past 2 weeks.

I zoned out of my little thinking trance, finally taking my hands out of my eyes. "I don't know how I feel about Johnny. But don't worry, I'll get it all sorted out eventually."

Annie nodded, clearly wanting to end this discussion. I didn't want to talk about this either anymore, so we both walked over to order food.

A/N: I love the next chapter sm. I'm in love with Last Summer. Like it's seriously so good. I stayed up till Midnight for it, and once it came out, I kept replaying it so I ended up sleeping at like 2 am oops. BUT IT'S LIT!!!

No one even updates anymore. Only one story updated their content today, and the message boards are taking up about half of my notifications. My views/votes have dropped for reason *sigh*

But I've been working on a new story (no, it's not Princess). I wanna pre-write all of the new story (which won't take too long, there aren't much chapters in the story anyway). I wanna post the introduction and the prologue for it soon. As for Princess... I'll start publishing it in October, but you'll probably get at least one chapter before then idk we'll see.

I'm doing goals from now on, BECAUSE I NEED VOTES. Okay, so 60 votes and 20 comments for a new chapter?

I won't publish a chapter until then, Y'all know the drill.

-1200 Words.