18. "It must suck to be cheated on."

A/N: CHAPTER DEDICATED Issy-07

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(2 days later).

I knocked on Hayden's door.

Today's the day I pick up Lauren from Hayden's house.

I really missed her. It isn't good to grow too attatched to your child, but I'd probably lose my mind if something happened to her.

I was also nervous, with seeing Johnny again. After I found him cheating, I wanted nothing but to ignore him. But that isn't possible, we share a child for god's sakes!

Annie opened the door, looking terrified. "Hi, Kenzie," she nervously chuckles.

I greet her and go inside.

To no surprise, Johnny and Hayden were seated on the couch, playing videogames.

But the thing that caught my eye, was that there was a certain red-head seated on the couch along with them. Nadia.

Why is she everywhere now?

I glare at her, as she does the same. Johnny took his eyes off of his game, and glanced between us 2 awkwardly. 

"What's she doing here?" I spit out with gritted teeth.

Annie rubs my back soothingly, attemting to calm me down. "I asked her to come. I wanted to talk to her."

I didn't respond, but instead got seated on the couch, next to Hayden. Nadia was across from me, still sending me daggers.

Annie sat down, beside me. The room was dead silent for the next while, all 5 of us were too scared to speak. Nadia broke the silence, finally saving us from that awkward atmosphere.

"How's the divorce going, Kenzie?" Nadia chirps, acting all innocent.

I looked around awkwardly, not knowing how to respond to such a question. Annie was warning Nadia to shut up, with her eyes. But that didn't stop Nadia. "You know, it must suck to be cheated on."

Johnny's head shot up, from the tv, to me. I didn't respond to her this time either, trying my best to ignore her. But that little ginger kept talking.

"You know," she brushed some hair out of her face. "No one knows my side of the story, as to what happened."

I answered almost immedietly, regretting talking right after. "No one wants to know your side of the story," I muttered, quietly, but still loud enough for everyone to hear.

All she did was scoff is response. Annie was trying her best to keep her snickers in after that comeback I threw at Nadia.

Nadia narrowed her eyes, clearly angry at me. She balled her hands into fists, as she turned completley red. "Do you really want to know what happened?"

"Not really," I shrugged. Hayden eyes were still on the game, and so were Johnny's. Although Johnny was glancing at us very often.

"He kissed me. It wasn't the other way around. He told me about how-" Nadia's words were cut off by Johnny placing his hand in front of her.

"Please, just shut up," Johnny demanded.

Nadia completley ignored him, continuing on her rambling from before. "He told me how you were so focused on Lauren, and you barely gave him any attention-" This time, Hayden interrupted Nadia.

"-Really, Johnny? You really cheated on her because you weren't getting enough sex?" Hayden chuckled.

Johnny gulped, clearly not expecting that from Hayden, of all people. 

As for me, I was on a verge of bursting into tears. I held them in the best I could, not wanting to cry in front of them. That would just be embarressing. It would show that I was weak. And well, I am weak. But they didn't need to know that.

Nadia threw her hands in the air for emphasis. "You just weren't good enough, okay? And the fact that you won't even forgive him is beyond me."

Annie glared at her, once again warning her to stop. This time, Nadia actually did stop.

Right on cue, Lauren comes running down the stairs, engulfing me in a tight hug. I grabbed her hand, walking to the doorway.

I ignored all of the calls from Annie, and exited the house.

I couldn't handle Nadia anymore. I couldn't handle Johnny anymore. I can't handle anything anymore. I just needed to get out of that place.

I couldn't beleive what I heard. My theory was right. Johnny only cheated because I wasn't showing him much affection.

But what was I supposed to do? Raising a child is a difficult job, one that requires much time and effort. I can't spend 24/7 with him, sorry not sorry.

On the drive home, I called Brynn.

She's the only friend I have that doesn't know much about this whole complicated mess.

I asked her if she wanted to hang out, at the park.

She accepted the offer, so I began driving to the park. It wasn't far away, only about a 5 minute drive– and probably a 10 minute walk.

Anything is better than Hayden's house right now.

-

A/N: Why are my chapter titles so depressing?

Oof school starts for me in 3 days. You don't even know how much I despise school. To give you the short version, life just get's hard for me. Idk if I'm going to stick to my updating sceduale. That's why I want to work on one book at a time.

I upload a chapter every other day, and I'll try to do that when school starts too.

If my updating sceduale does get messed up, I'll try to update twice a week at the least.

-907 Words.

-