25. "You're a mistake in general."

A/N: This chapter is so bad. Like it's literally eye rape. Whatever. Enjoy! Although that's highly unlikely.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

I had finally come back from the police station, with Johnny by my side.

Johnny and I were in different rooms. Since he was there, they wanted to interrogate him too. There goes my 'support'.

I told them about how Lauren went missing, and we eventually saw her in the woods. The 3 teenagers, and Brynn are still gone.

No one was has seen them, even though there are tons of people on the lookout for them. The cop that interrogated with me was sweet, so I didn't really feel uncomfortable talking about the whole fiasco.

Johnny talked about his side of the story, and I talked about mine. I was still fazed by what happened his morning.

I shouldn't have grabbed his hand. I keep messing up, but I don't really care. It felt right this time.

I was going to go home, but Johnny suggested I pick up Lauren from Hayden's house. Oh, right. I forgot about her, what a bad mother lmao.

I was standing outside of Hayden's house, waiting for Johnny to get Lauren for me. My phone was entertaining me until then. Helix Jump is addicting, I'm on level 624.

Johnny came down with Lauren, walking over to me. I smiled at Lauren, admiring her appearance. I'm honestly so glad she's okay, Johnny's kept me occupied yesterday, I didn't get to spend much time with her. She's happy, and healthy.

Johnny was about to shut the door, but Annie's foot blocked him. I ignored it, thinking it had nothing to do with me. I turned around, ready to walk home. 

Annie's voice stopped me. "No, I need to talk to both of you." I raise an eyebrow, turning back around. "I checked in on you, while you guys were sleeping. I was hoping Kenzie hadn't murdered you out of anger, but that wasn't the case at all," she clarified.

Johnny and I gave each other a look. I sighed, already knowing it'll be a lecture.

2 minutes later, Johnny, Annie, and I were seated on the couch. Lauren was upstairs, with Hayden. We didn't really want her to hear this conversation, it'll get too personal. I definitely won't be letting her hear anymore personal conversation anymore.

I thought she wasn't paying attention the other times, but she was, and she exposed me. Yeah, that's not happening again. 

Johnny and I were sitting next to each other. I decided to leave some space between us, hoping Johnny wouldn't notice. But he did. He sent me a sympathetic look, but I just shrugged it off. I don't need your sympathy.

"So," Annie cleared her throat. "You two were spooning."

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Johnny smirk. I kept a blank face on, refusing to show any emotion to Annie. 

Annie narrowed her eyes between Johnny and I, leaning back against the couch like a detective. "Did you too secretly get back together, and we just don't know about it? Because I'm confused."

Johnny opened his mouth, to speak, but I instantly stopped him, speaking for myself. "No. That's never going to happen," I shook my head.

Annie nodded, not quite believing the truth! 

Johnny chuckled, and Annie grew even more suspicious. "What?" She questioned.

Johnny just turned to me, ignoring Annie. "God, Kenzie. Can you be any more oblivious?"  I scrunched my facial features, confused. Oblivious? Oblivious about what?