11. "I'll drive you."

A/N: I already mentioned this in 'Because of Lauren' but I'm taking out the 'previously' thing bc no one cares about it.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

Annie and I plopped onto one of the couches. She was across Hayden, while I was across Johnny.

Hayden and Johnny started a conversation, Annie and I were on our phones.

After a few minutes, a notification on my phone dinged.

I opened up the messages app. It was from Lauren's babysitter.

{ I'm outside of your house with Lauren. I'll wait till you come }

I bolt out of my seat, going to the entrance of the house to put on my shoes.

"What are you doing?" Annie questioned.

"The babysitter is outside my house with Lauren. I need to go now." I struggingly put on my shoes, grasping onto the wall for support.

Johnny instantly jumped off of his seat, running to me. "I'll drive you."

I glare at him. "No."

Annie and Hayden give each other a look, meaning 'are they really going to fight in front of us.'

Well, no. We aren't. I just don't want anything to do with him. I don't want him to drive me or anything.

"Come on, it's raining hard outside and you didn't bring your car," he pleaded. "Just let me do this for you."

I hesitantly nodded my head.

Even though I don't want to interact with him at all, it wasn't like I was forgiving him. He's just giving me a ride.

He throws on his shoes, while I'm leaning against the wall.

Once he's all done, Johnny opens the door and flings it wide open for me to exit first. 

We both leave Hayden's house, standing at the outside.

That's when I realize it's raining. Hard.

I was only wearing a t-shirt. I sigh, not wanting to get myself wet. 

Johnny chuckled, taking off his jacket. "Here." He wraps it around me. And for some weird reason, I let him. 

But it didn't mean anything. He's just lending me a sweater, it means nothing. It was raining, what else was he supposed to do? I'm not going to refuse his sweater, just to prove a point. 

It was raining, what else was I supposed to do? Any sane person would accept the sweater.

I took a second to sniff the scent of the sweater. It had his signature cologne scent. I always loved it. I've probably smelt it about a million times, but it never get's old. 

The sweater wrapped around me, comforting my body and preventing rain from reaching my shirt. I loved the sweater.

I sent him a weak smile, as we both began walking to his car. He explained how he parked his car a little further away, because Hayden's garage was too small for Hayden's, Annie's, and his car.

The car ride was dead silent. I was staring at my feet the whole time. He fixed his eyes on the road, and glanced at me from time to time.

He parked in the garage at 'our' house. I exited the car, walking up to the doorstep.

The babysitter and Lauren weren't there, like they said they were.

I checked my phone, for any messages from the babysitter. Thankfully, there was one.

{ We saw an ice cream truck and she wanted a popsicle. We'll be there in a minute. }

I sat myself down on the doorstep, ready to watch Johnny's car drive away.

-

A/N: I'm doing a double update for 3 reasons.

1. I'm not going to be uploading 'It's been a year' tomorrow. I don't have any chapters pre-written and I'm busy all the time. I thought I might as well do a double update.

2. The last chapter sucked, so Y'all deserve something good.

3. This chapter was short, and the next one is too so... yeah :)

-647 Words.

-