Chapter 14

*Two months later*

"Prom is SOOOOOO soon." Lily squealed.

"I know!!!!! I can't wait for Morgan to pick me up tomorrow night." said Jessica.

"Are you sure your parents are okay with it?" I asked curiously.

"Well, it's not like she's taking a girl so why would they care?" asked Angelica.

That was it for me.

"Well, at least she isn't taking a younger guy." I got up and left while I heard them talking about me.

"Hey, Talia!" I heard Mona call out for me, but I just kept walking. "Tal! Seriously? It's me."

I turned around and stared, "What?"

"Look I know they're hard to handle but-" I cut her off.

"But nothing, Mona. You don't say these kind of things, okay? Regardless whether you are part of the LGBT or not." I turned and left to class to eat alone.

**

The rest of the day I was out with Lauren getting my last minute preparations done for tomorrow.

"You're going to look stunning." she smiled sweetly.

"Don't I always, though?" I smirked and she nodded.

"By the way, Tal," she said, "if anything happens tomorrow, between you and Frank, it's okay."

I gave her a puzzles look, "I don't understand... Why would anything happen between us?"

"Well, it is prom. And you're going with him." she paused, "What I mean to say is, I want you to make him feel special. I'll allow it for one night."

"Lauren, I'm not going to do anything with him tomorrow. We're just going together because we always said we would. No strings attached." I looked very serious now.

"At least give him a kiss when he drops you home, okay?"

"No, Lauren, I'm not kissing Frank!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, Talia, you will. Or else." she threatened.

"Or else what?" I smirked.

"You'll see. Now go home and rest. I'll come over tomorrow to do your hair." she gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and left.

"I love you too." I mumbled in annoyance.

On my way back home, Frank called me and asked me what time he should come over, so we talked about that and then he mentioned Lauren.

"So how does Lauren feel about all this?" he asked.

"She wants us to kiss." I answered bluntly.

"K-Kiss??" he chocked.

I hummed.

"Why would she want that?!?" he screamed into the phone.

"My ears dumbass!!" I screamed back.

"Oh, sorry..." he apologized, "But, really why?"

"It doesn't matter," I shrugged, not like he could see, "she wants us to kiss, so why not? No strings attached, remember?"

"We'll see. So I'll pick you up at eight, yeah?"

I hummed and he sang a sweet good night then he hung up.

That night, I slept pretty well, except for the fact that Lauren came over the earliest she could and woke me up from my beauty sleep by opening my curtains.