Why Me?

Isabella's POV

Why now? Steve had a smug look on his face like he just won the lottery or somthing, and he spoke.

I knew it.

Knew what?

You two were together.

I gave him sarcastic claps.

Congratulations on finding out something everyone already knew! Is that what you came here for, or did you come to try to piss him off? If you came for the latter, I can and will kick your ass for it.

That shut him up.

Now, be a good wolf and move out the way before I make you. I have too much to do today, and you're holding up progress.

He moved, and we walked past him to the elevator. Once we were all inside, I spoke as the doors were closing.

Thank you!

Once the doors had closed, Jake said the word that summed up everything that just happened.

Damn.

Greg didn't even get mad at him for it either. Mom questioned my methods.

Why not just kick his ass? It's way quicker than words.

Kicking his ass doesn't have as much staying power as a good threat especially since they don't know all that you can do.

I see, so what are we doing first?

We have to go by the bank, so I can add your names to the account then get you some clothes, food, make keys, and sign the deed over to you two. First of all, we have to go get something to eat because I know nobody has eaten today, including me.

Just to prove the point, someone's stomach growled.

Exactly.

We all started laughing as the doors opened, and got into our different vehicles. I rode with Dave along with my parents, and we headed to the diner. We had our lunch there then headed to the bank. I added them to the account, and they would get their cards in a few days. Then, we headed to the mall and bought clothes and shoes for them. They changed while we were there, and we headed to the grocery store. We spent close to $1000 on groceries, and now, it was time to head home. Greg gave me my key, and I let everyone in. I let my parents explore and walk around after I gave them keys and put them into the security system while the rest of us unloaded the cars and started to put the food away. Once the food was put away, I went and found them in my grandparents' room. They were sitting on the bed, and Mom had tears coming down her face. I walked in and spoke.

I miss them, too....

Mom.

Those bastards ripped my parents away from me....ripped you away....over some stupid power and greed....It's all their fault....

Before I even realized it, I had a tear coming down my face. I wiped it away then went up to her and hugged her. She tightly hugged me back, but I didn't care. She was here.....They were here, and that's all that mattered. Our relationship will never be normal, and we can't interact like a normal family would, but just to have them is more than enough for me.

Once we calmed down and let go, it was time for the hard part. I went into the attic and got some empty boxes then went back to the room. We started taking out the clothes and shoes then putting in my parents'. They were going to donate all of the old clothes and shoes. Once that was done, I took the sheets and comforter and went to the laundry room to wash them. While those were washing, I went and got started on dinner since it was almost six. I wanted something hearty, but didn't take a long time to make, and we did buy fresh salmon. I rolled up my sleeves then washed my hands and took out the salmon. I broke it down into 11 10 oz. portions then put away four of them in the freezer. I kept the skin, head, and bones then broke them down into smaller pieces and made fish stock out of them. I put the fish in the fridge until I was ready for it then cleaned off the cutting board, counter, and knife then started prepping. I made a glaze out of honey, lemon juice, and a few more spices then prepped some fresh green beans by trimming the ends off and blancing them in some salted water just to get them that bright color. I then started making rice pilaf. Once that was halfway done, I took the fish out of the fridge seasoned it with salt and pepper then started searing it skin side down and put it in the oven to finish after I coated it with the glaze. I then sauteed the green beans in a little bit of garlic and a few more spices, and cooked them a little more. Once the rice was done, I turned it off along with the green beans when they were done, and I had to wait a few more minutes before the salmon was done. During that time, I made some lemonade, and Mom and Dad came down and came to the kitchen as I was cleaning up part of the mess I made. Mom spoke first.