Food Saves All

To get them off the idea of killing each other, I interrupted.

Ok, before you three kill each other, we're going to start by washing our hands and getting all the ingredients needed for the dough first. 

 I went and washed my hands first then went into the pantry, which was right by the fridge, and got the double-zero flour, sugar, and yeast. I came out to a somewhat tense moment, and I thought for sure that I heard a growl coming from Jace, but I decided I was just hearing things. Humans don't growl. I cut in again. 

Uh.....what happened in that minute I was gone?

That question snapped Jace out of his rage moment, and he put a calm expression on his face and spoke. 

Nothing. 

It sure looked like nothing. 

I put the ingredients on the counter then got the olive oil and salt, and a cup of warm water. I added a couple of tablespoons of yeast to the water along with a tablespoon of sugar. I stirred it, and let the yeast bloom. This whole time, he hasn't said a word. None of them did, and I got tired of waiting. 

Since you haven't said a word, I'm just going to guess it's about Sara. I understand that siblings fight, but at the end of the day, you two still love each other, so whatever it is, just forgive and let it go because as soon as anyone of you gets into trouble, you're going to be right there next to each other. Makes no sense to be mad at each other then. 

I started measuring out the rest of the ingredients of the dough then set it to the side, and turned on the oven to the highest it will go. I put three pizza stones in it, so they can start getting nice and hot, and got out a large pot, so I could start making the sauce. Yes, I washed off everything to get the dust off of it. Jake broke his silence first. 

You hit the nail on the head there. Truce?

He was talking to Jace and Sara then, and the both of them spoke at the same time.

Truce. 

I had a small grin on my face from the moment but then turned my attention to the sauce. I went and grabbed an onion, garlic, canned crushed tomatoes, and different herbs and spices. I finely minced the onion and garlic and turned on the pot. I added a little bit of olive oil then added the onion and garlic to it and let it cook for a couple of minutes then added the large can of crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, dried oregano, fresh basil, and water. I stirred it and turned the heat down, so it could slowly simmer and come together. I saw that the yeast had bloomed, so I poured it into the mixing bowl and added the flour, oil, and salt. I attached the dough hook, and let it run on medium speed for 10 minutes. While it ran, I cleaned up the mess I made, and took the opportunity to wash the dust off of a lot of the dishes, utensils, equipment, and counters. I greased a large bowl with olive oil then put the dough inside it, and covered it with plastic wrap, and set it to the side, so it can rise. They didn't just stand around this whole time. They helped with everything, and there was peace between them again. Now, we have to wait an hour for the dough to rise and the sauce to cook down. We just talked and joked the entire time we were waiting, and once the wait was over, I portioned the dough out into four even balls, and we each made our own pizzas.

Ok. We're going to knead the dough a little before we roll it out. Put flour on your hands and the counter then take the dough and press it down with the bottom of your palm while pushing it away from you. Then, you're going to fold it over itself. You're going to do that a few times then roll it into a ball, and depending on how you like your crust, you're going to roll it out as thin as you want it to be, but don't go past 18 inches in diameter because the pizza stones are only 18 inches. Anything bigger than that, and it won't fit, but before you roll it out, you're going to take some cornmeal and put in on the counter, and we're going to roll out the dough on that.