| X | Rebooting the System

*No POV*

     The minute Kai took one step, the ninja began to sink into the platform.

     "Who's imagining this? I can't move my feet!" Jay cried.

     "Not me!" Cole shouted.

     "Me neither!" Zane added.

     "Don't look at me!" Kai spoke when everyone stared at him.

     But the true cause revealed itself. "You think you can come into my world and get rid of me?"

     Jay stared at the Overlord, scared for his life. "I have a sinking feeling this is it, guys!"

     They continued sinking, even going under past their heads. Zane held his arm up, hoping something would reach out—but nothing happened.

     And then they all sunk.

     Then a claw swooped inside the platform and grabbed Zane's hand. It brought all four of the ninja up, them heaving sighs of relief.

     PIXAL's voice spoke through the speaker. "I temporarily altered the corrupted code. Hurry, I can only resist him for so long!"

     "We have to get to that activation port, quick!" Cole pointed down.

     "It's all downhill from here!" Jay said.

     The ground then shook and the Overlord spoke once again. "Just because your friend said she could change the rules, doesn't mean I can't play the same game... this is my world!"

     The building shook once again, making the boys scream. Everything then tilted 180 degrees, the entire Digiverse of Ninjago City turning upside down.

     Even a car would've almost hit Jay had Zane not moved him out of the way.

     "Follow the car into the building. Then we'll—" Zane almost fell, but grabbed onto the pole in time.

     The boys knew what he meant and allowed themselves to fall into the building. They sat on the ceiling, looking at everything fall outside.

     "Well, that gives us a new perspective," Kai joked.

     They climbed up the window, heaving breaths of exhaustion once the shaking stopped.

     "Hey, we're not thinking big enough." Jay ran across the room, jumping through the next window. "Why climb when we can do this?"

     He pulled out his Techno-Blade, jumping out the window and forming his vehicle. He drove the car up the building, leaving the other three surprised.

     "That kid plays way too many games." Kai chuckled.

     "Jay's right. Forget this!" Cole did a flip, forming his mech and following Jay.

     "Okay, you can do this, Kai," the fire ninja pep-talked himself. "You can..." He jumped out the window, forming his jet. Unfortunately, it disappeared a moment later. "I can't do it! I can't do it, I can't do it, I can't do it!"

     Fortunately, Zane caught him in his own hovercopter before he fell to his demise. "Gotcha!"

     "Let's get to the top!" Cole said.

     "You mean bottom!" Jay corrected.

     "NINJA-GO!" The ninja fought their way through all the planes and cars coming their way.