| V | Problems Arise

*No POV*

     "We underestimate the importance of balance. When it's there, we're at peace. If something goes wrong... everything falls."

     Scarlett trembled as she sat on the rock, many yards above the ground. Lloyd carried large rocks on his back, and on top of it all, her.

     "Hey, so... I'm scared." Scarlett flinched at the slight wobble she felt.

     "I'm not... gonna drop you," Lloyd told her, his voice shaky.

     Garmadon dropped a rock in Scarlett's hand. "Ninjago is no different. It put too much faith in technology, allowing the Overlord to return. And because of your friends, now the world is without power.

     "When one relies on something too much, we become weak. Vulnerable. Imbalanced. In order to find your full potential and unlock your true power, you must find your own power."

     "I'm already the Gold Ninja—how much more power do I need?" Lloyd asked.

     "You've only scratched the surface. You have the potential to move mountains! The power of the First Spinjitzu Master!" Garmadon answered.

     "The ninja destroyed the power substation, essentially destroying the Overlord and his nindroids. Why can't we go back?"

     Scarlett wasn't going to get involved in their conversation, but when she saw the sensei pick up a rock the size of her she had to say something.

     "Uh... hey, now, why don't we—" She was interrupted by her own shriek as the boulder was thrown onto her hands. Garmadon had expected her to catch it, but of course, she had to fall as she sort of caught it.

     Scarlett landed on the boulder, which landed on the ground. She sighed, seeing that the rocks also fell on Lloyd due to her.

     "Sorry..."

     "Don't worry about it." Lloyd spun in a circle, removing the rocks that were on top of him.

     Garmadon shook his head at the two, answering his son's question. "Essentially... until the Overlord is fully erased from the system... we must not move back, but forward."

     "Alright." Scarlett cracked her knuckles. "Guess I could use this to better my hiking skills!"

     "And this next mountain looks particularly steep," Garmadon told her, pointing at the hilly mountain.

     Kai and Cole pulled random junk from the large piles of trash above them. They were trying to find a certain object so Jay's father can use it.

     "We've been digging for so long..." Cole heaved a sigh. "I think I forgot what we're looking for."

     Kai shrugged. "A Jiggly-Compact Compress Converter... or was it a Compress-Compact Jiggly Converter? Whatever it is, if it can help us get back to New Ninjago City any sooner, it's worth finding!"

     He then pulled something out of the pile, causing it to fall on the two. The boys hollered as the junk collapsed.

     Jay smiled, looking at his father. He looked to his right and his grin grew wider. "Hey, a Compact-Converter Jiggly Compressor!"

     "Oh, good find, kiddo!" Ed nodded proudly. "Now, in order to..."

     Kai and Cole started climbing the next pile of junk after getting out of the last one. They listened to Ed say the two devices needed but they were completely absurd.