| IX | The Digiverse

*No POV*

     When Scarlett saw the golden power moving around in Lloyd's little bubble, she didn't know what to do.

     Yet then again, it wasn't like she could do anything trapped in a cage.

     The snake that bound the green ninja disappeared, the golden power too much for it. It took Lloyd's cry for her to realize that his power was being taken from him.

     "Lloyd!" she called.

     But his focus was all over the place. Lloyd felt weak as his golden power was being drained from his body.

     The Overlord was in a casket-like box with a bar above him. It started to rise, the percentages doing the same.

     1%, 2%, 3%... The numbers were going up rather quickly for their liking.

     As the golden power drained from Lloyd, purple mist was falling onto the Overlord. Pythor and Wu cackled, seeing that the plan was a success.

     Scarlett continued to squirm in the chains, but nothing worked. She couldn't get out or help her friend.

     She stared at the numbers rapidly increasing. 15%, 16%, 17%...

     And Lloyd was just too weak to do anything.

     PIXAL plugged in a cord to her heart, smiling at Zane behind her.

     The inventor typed away on his computer, soon picking up an object. "I think we should put the main switch over here..." He rode over to a small corner. "To keep it tucked away a little.

     "With a little ingenuity, and a few more quaxel cables... we may be able to reboot the system with the Techno-Blades and erase the Digital Overlord for good!"

     "I thought you said we needed the stolen hard drive to do that." Jay put his hand on his hip.

     "I did," Borg told him. "But that was before I truly understood the entire capabilities of what Zane's powers truly allow us."

     "And what is that?" Kai asked.

     "A chance to enter remotely," he answered. "By the time we figure out where Lloyd and Scarlett are, it'll be too late to stop the Overlord from draining their powers."

     "And escaping the Digiverse?" Nya added.

     "Exactly." Borg nodded. "But if we digitize the ninja and Techno-Blades using my experimental technology, you can fight him on his own turf inside the Digiverse."

     "What do you mean inside the Digiverse?" Jay questioned.

     Cole sighed, annoyed. "Weren't you listening? He's going to put us into the video game!"

     "I know, I just wanted to hear it again!"

     "But Mr. Borg, if anything were to happen to them inside the program," PIXAL spoke.

     "Of course! Every step into the unknown has its dangers." Borg smiled as if that wasn't a problem.

     "What dangers? What is she talking about?" Kai asked.

     "You know how in video games you get multiple lives?"

     "Yeah." Jay ran over to the seat, ooh-ing at the large screen with numbers sliding down it.

     Borg lightly chuckled. "It's not like that."

     "Oh..." Jay was blasted back a few inches, the screen revealing itself with working cameras.