The weekend consisted of the bionics training, so when we had to go back to school, I was not happy. I was actually training with them. Well, I wasn’t using the bionics I didn’t have, but I doing hand to hand combat. It was a lot of fun. I didn’t understand why Adam always complained. I wouldn’t mind being bionic.

As Bree, Chase, and I walked into school, my hand interlaced with Chase’s, Principal Perry walked up to us. “Hey! Hansel, Gretel, and-“ She looked at me with her beady eyes. “You.”

“What do you want, Perry?” I asked through gritted teeth. I hated this woman so much!

“My niece is from-“ She paused to gather her thoughts. “Uh, um, wherever she’s from, and I’m assigning you three to be her chaperones for a couple of days.”

We tried coming up with an excuse, but Perry being Perry, she wouldn’t have it. She was a stubborn troll. “Oh, that’s cute. You think you have a choice.” She laughed.

“But why would you want us to show her around?” Bree asked. “You can’t stand us.”

“Oh, you noticed.” She faked a smile. “Look, my niece is sweet and innocent. If she hangs around with the cool kids, they’ll corrupt her. That’s why she’s hanging out with you. If it’s unclear, let me spell it out: You’re not cool.” She pointed to us as she talked.

“We really need a new Principal.” I muttered under my breath.

Suddenly, a young girl with brunette hair and glasses walked up to us with a smile on her face. “Hi, Aunt Terry!”

“Kerry, darling!” She looked back at us. “This is…the-Gimme a second…Kevvvinnn…” She pointed to Chase. “Suzzzzannnn…” She pointed to Bree. “And Lauuurennn…” She pointed to me.

“Bree, Chase, and Alex.” Bree corrected.

Our stupid Principal laughed. “No one really cares.”

Kerry smiled at us. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Kerry Perry. Thanks for showing me around. I hope it’s not too much of a bother.” She shook each of our hands.

“No, no, we are happy to be forced to help.” Bree said.

“Great!” Perry exclaimed. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m headed to the Chem lab to sear off a wart.” I did my best not to throw up as an image of Perry searing off her wart popped in my head. Why did she just scar me for life?!

As she walked away, Kerry yelled, “Bye, Aunt Terry!” Once she turned around, she glared at us. “Here’s the deal, ladies. I’m skipping school and hitting the mall, and when I get there, I’m planting a dead fly in my burrito so I can eat for free.”

“Sorry, but as your chaperones, I-“

“Shut it, squat mug!” The devil cut Chase off. “The little elves called, they want you back at the tree to make cookies.”

“Um, uh, you can’t talk to us like that.” Bree said.  

Kerry scoffed. “Just did, boy hips.” Bree gasped.

“You’re a real brat, aren’t you?” I asked, not caring that I was talking to a kid.

All she did was glare at me. “Whatever. I’m out of here.” She turned to leave, and I was instantly happy.

“You can’t just go.” Chase told her, causing her to turn back around. Boo.

“Yeah, what are we supposed to tell your aunt?” Bree asked. “Besides the fact that she should round up some bail money.”

Kerry knocked Bree’s books out of her hands. “Tell her I was with you three nimrods all day. And you better do my homework, or else you’ll get this: Aunt Terry!” She started faking crying and tuned around so she wasn’t facing us. “They were so mean to me! Make them pay! Make them pay!” She turned back around. “So, we good? Later peeps.” And with that, she left.