Chapter XXII: Past Trauma

Start from the beginning

She began to pass out underneath him.

He felt his emotions withdraw as Matías and Telula ran towards them along with others he didn't recognise. They must've detected something with the bond of their alpha.

Xavier was pushed away as they placed her on a stretcher that comforted her body instead of the hard ground.

"Why didn't she recognise who I was?" Xavier questioned trying to focus on his mates health instead of the male.

"I believe it was PTSD." Matías and Telula said at the same time.

Xavier looked at them, "what do you mean?"

"Post Traumatic Stress Disorder." Matías stated.

"Yes I know what PTSD is, but I'm asking what caused it and triggered it. I have many other warriors that experience PTSD. They are strong men but I know they are triggered occasionally. Some of them committing suicide whilst the others are lucky to have their mate to lean on."

"Well, as a warlock hybrid we can look at what caused it however doing so is dangerous as it can cause them to relapse into the memory that caused it to begin with. So we choose not too. Perhaps she will confide in you or a psychiatrist. Do you have a wolf with a psychology degree?"

"Yes, we have multiple that attend to different needs."

"Once she is healed and awake, she should remember you fine. If she doesn't want to talk about it we will leave her alone. We will suggest the possibility of a psychiatrist, but let her have that idea on her own. We shall make a plan of it." Telula chipped in. She was rocking on the bottom of her bare feet. She didn't have the time to shower as she was on patrol. Her defence was still up as her wolf was antsy to protect her female alpha.

"Yes, that is a good idea Telula. I will take that into consideration. Please assign someone to Isla," Xavier paused before looking over to Matías, "preferably a strong female warrior, if you could?"

"Yes, Alpha Xavier." Telula bared a neck a little in submission as a sign of respect. "I apologise for Matías behaviour." She turned on her heel to leave.

"Lu, don't apologise to him." Matías scoffed.

Xavier growled at him raising his eyebrow for a challenge.

"Don't be stupid men." Telula yelled down the hall.
...........................................

She opened her eyes feeling hazy and felt sore. She groaned a little from the light but other than that her body felt great and replenished. 

"You're awake alpha." A female voice stated causing her to sit up quickly.

It was at this moment that her hearing began to strengthen and listen to the beeping of the heart monitor that was attached to her chest. Kelly stared at her with a worried look. The window behind her displayed morning daylight as the sun was rising.

"Yes, I am awake?" Her statement sounded more like a question.

"Shall I - Alpha Xavier - you?" Isla zoned out and didn't hear what Kelly said.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that for me?" She asked her.

"No worries Alpha, would you like me to get alpha Xavier for you?. I can tell the nurse to call his office for you." She gave her a warm smile.