Chapter 12

-Zayn-

Liam collapses beside me in the high, black dressing room chairs. He's in sweats and a loose plain t-shirt. I'm wearing pretty much the same thing except no shirt and shoes. It's really warm here! Niall and Louis and Harry are still changing. Each of them throwing on comfy, relaxed clothes. The concert was a blast! I can't believe how fast it went by. I guess that's what happens when I get in that zone. There was one thing that was off about the whole thing though. Ever since the bus ride, Niall has barely said a word to Liam and hasn't flirted with him once. He only talks to him when he absolutely needs to and refuses to touch him. I really don't know why everything is always so complicated for those two boys. If  I had known that there would be this much trouble and drama, I never would've convinced Li to hook up with Danielle. Instead, I would have just got them in a room to talk it out and make out. I can't stand the tension between them. 

Paul comes in to tell us that we're ready to leave and Niall jumps on his back chuckling at his startled look. Paul drops Niall of his back and flips him upside down, holding him by the legs. We're all laughing now. Even Liam, who-from what I can see-knows that Niall has been avoiding him.  We follow the crazy Irish lad out to the bus and we all pile onto the same one. We are heading straight to the airport from here for the quick flight to Los Angeles so that we can do some interviews and record some show at the Nickolodeon studios and random things like that. I think we're even doing a Prank'd episode! That'll be fun, I have always wanted to do that!

I lean back and stare out the window as Liam cuddles up next to me, trying to sleep. Niall is on the phone, with his mum, I think. Louis and Harry are looking at  Harry's phone, blushing and giggling. I'm sure they're sexting or something. I shake my head and chuckle lightly, Liam shifts his head onto my leg and I wonder if I'll ever be able to have a relationship with a girl the way Harry and Louis are. 

The bus turns into the airport terminal and I nudge Liam lightly. Harry and Louis are sitting up, holding hands and Niall has gotten off the phone, but his eyes are really shiny and he kind of looks like he's trying not to cry. I bet he misses his mom. There are moments when I miss my family that much too. It's best to let each other be when we get like that. I shake Liam again and mumble to him that we need to get ready to get out of the bus. He moans and sits up. I glance up at the window and out of the corner of my eye I see Niall turn quickly to the window. His shoulders shake lightly. I frown sympathetically.

Liam rubs his eyes and grabs his headphones off the ground where he left them a while ago. He puts them around his neck as we climb off the bus, Niall and Louis first then Liam and I and Harry last. He puts his arms around me and Liam and hangs off our shoulders. We tickle him and he laughs, putting his feet back on the ground. We all grab our bags and we have to have three whole carts for just our stuff! Louis and Niall sit on top of the luggage one cart and Harry pushes it. I sit down on the second and Liam pushes it. Paul pushes the last. All the band and everybody will take another flight that has enough room for all the instruments and stuff.

We trudge through the line to get our boarding passes and then we go sluggishly through security. I am so going to fall asleep on the plane. We finally reach the gate and board the jet quickly. We take our places in first class, which Uncle Si always seems to book for us, even though we don't need it. 

I'm sitting by myself since they all know that I like to stretch out when I sleep. Harry is next to Niall behind me and Liam and Louis are in front of me. I tilt my seat back and close the window shade, letting sleep overcome me as the plane lifts off the ground smoothly. 

                                                                             -Liam-

Louis flips a page in his magazine and sighs. He turns to me and opens his mouth for the third time in the last ten minutes. He obviously has something to say, but he won't let it slip. I chuckle and put a hand on his shoulder. 

"Lou! Just tell me! What's on your mind?" I exclaim quietly, since all the other boys are asleep. Except Harry who is texting Louis and listening to music. He's a night owl. I look Lou in the eyes. He closes his.

"Alright Li, its-its about Niall." He mutters. Niall?! Does he know why he's been avoiding me all night and not talking to me or touching me at all? I mean, I honestly thought he liked me but maybe he doesn't...

"He-he needs some space." stutters Louis, a sympathetic look on his face. Some space? Space from what? I haven't touched him or had a conversation with him since this morning! My heart is aching for his arms to be around me.

"Space? What do you mean?" I prompt Louis to continue. 

"This has all been happening really fast for him, Li. I think you hould let him be. He needs to figure himself out. Okay?" Is this some kind of break up?! I mean, I hadn't asked him out yet, but he knew how much I cared about him. Right?

"Does he even know how much I care about him?!" I whisper urgetnly. Louis shrugs, 

"I don't know. But I do know that he is not ready to take on this relationship with you right now. He asked me to talk to you about it, since he couldn't face you." What?! He couldn't face me?! He doesn't want to have this relationship right now?

"What?" I gasp. All the air is knocked out of me and there seems to be some kind of pain in my chest. Niall is no longer mine. He doesn't want me anymore. He changed his mind. And he couldn't even come to tell me himself. Ouch. A tear prickles behind my left eyes. I rub my hands over my face to hide it. But this is Louis, he'll understand. He won't judge. He's one of the best boys to come to for serious advice. I allow the tear to make its way down my face. Lou frowns.

"Li, I know it's hard. But it's for the best! We're on tour and if it got out, everything would be a big mess. I suggest you back off and wait until we get back home to talk to him about trying again and taking it slower. You need to use communication alot more next time you try to have a relationship with him that's more than friendship." Another tear slips out of my control, gliding down my cheek. I turn away from Louis and try as hard as I can to catch a glimpse of the boy I love. I can't see him at all. He's an entire row away. I turn back to Tommo.

"Okay. I'll try my best to keep my distance and act only as a friend, but I'm warning you now, I am not going to fall out of love with him." I say sadly, putting my head on Lou's shoulder. He puts an arm around me and squeezes me gently.

"I know, Li, I know." he whispers. I look around, tasting the salt of the victorious tears that made to my lips. My lips. The lips that were kissing Niall Horan's lips a few hours ago. What happened to that passion? I guess I made too many mistakes. He's delicate. All of that was a bumpy ride. Next time, and I swear there will be a next time, I will make it a smooth, amazing ride. 

All the lights are off in the cabin of the plane, except for some individual reading lights. Almost everyone is asleep, even though it's a short flight. I hear a sigh, and someone moves around in there seat, turning a magazine page. Probably Harry, wishing that Louis was sitting beside him instead of Niall. I am wishing just the opposite. But I understand that Niall isn't ready. This is new, and he takes a while to warm up to things. If only he realized how warm my arms can be.

Okay so sue me...it's short and it breaks up Niam...but I just had to end your misery of waiting for the next chappie. :DI love you all for reading this! thanks for your patience, dolls

-Hope ^.^ xx