Twenty ♡

Please vote and comment!

My teeth chattered as I walked down the sidewalk, clutching at my arms as I tried to keep warm. I was only in shorts and a tank top, but I was too angry to stay another minute in that room with him. The thought of him disgusted me now.

I jogged up the front steps as I approached the place. Taking a sharp breath in, I knocked on the door softly. A few moments passed by before the door swung open, revealing a fairly tall, scrawny blonde kid. "Who are you?"

"Is Damien home?" I asked.

He nodded. "Might be asleep."

The boy stepped aside, letting me in as he shut the door behind me. He disappeared into the dark living area as I climbed the creaky steps. I fumbled with my phone and flicked on my flash light, shining it on all the doors.

MartinDanielBingo! Damien. I thought to myself as I approached the door on the far end of the hallway. I knocked softly on the door, pressing my ear against it.

I heard some shuffling around on the other side, and then he spoke. "I'm— uh, not feeling well Martin." Damien said, rumbling a cough. Rolling my eyes, I swung open the door and flicked on the lights. Immediately Damien fumbled with the covers, tumbling onto the floor with a loud thud!

"Fuck— I can— Snow?" Damien said, looking up at me as he held the covers in his hands. I gave him a slight wave as I shut the door behind me. Damien cleared his throat and slowly stood up, towering over me.

"Sick, huh?" I joked.

"I— er, they don't know." Damien said with a sheepish smile. He wore no shirt and a large pair of sweatpants that seemed to fit his new size quite well. Similar to Andy, he had a better build than his human version. He had the same features, however he did not have the horns or black veins.

"Are you good?" Damien asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah."

"You're not like— freaking out or anything? Ya know, over my new appearance?" He said with a nervous laugh. I rolled my eyes and nudged his arm, throwing myself up onto his bed. Damien seemed very shocked at that. "No you dork. Nothing scares me."

"Well damn." Damien laughed.

He went over to the other side of the bed, sitting himself down next to me. Pulling his legs up, he curled himself into a loose ball as he looked at me. "So, what else is wrong? I could see your eyes were puffy and red."

I let out a sigh. I told him everything— start to finish. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I spoke, however I refused to let them fall. I didn't dare look him in the eyes as I spoke. My eyes were fixed on the bed as the words left my mouth.

"Damn, I'm so sorry." He whispered.

I shrugged. "I'll be fine."

"Snow you don't deserve that."

"I know. I just—really needed a friend tonight. I needed someone I could actually trust." I said softly. Slowly, I felt a tear slide down my cheek and that's when I started to break. Damien quickly wrapped his cold arms around me, pulling me into his chest and onto his lap. He rubbed my back gently as he tried to calm me down.

"Hey—shh, it's okay." Damien said quietly, holding me tightly. I rested my head against his chest as I fiddled with my fingers, my body shivering. Damien noticed and he asked if he should move, but I shook my head. "No you're fine. It's freezing in your house."

"I'm freezing cold." Damien laughed.

"Shut up." I laughed.

Damien pulled me away from him and wiped my cheek with his thumb. He gave me a soft smile and swung his legs off the bed. Damien walked over to his closet where he pulled a large sweatshirt out of it and handed it to me. I nodded my thanks and tossed it over me, shimmying into it.

"I'm basically drowning in it." I laughed.

"Not my fault." He laughed.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted you or anything. I didn't think to call I just came here." I said softly, giving a hesitant smile. Damien shook his head, telling me it was fine. I felt bad considering I really did just barge in. "All you interrupted was a daily dose of self hatred."

"Why do you hate yourself?" I asked.

He arched a brow. "Come on now."

I rolled my eyes. "Damien."

"What! It's true!" Damien laughed, shaking his head at me. I let it go because I didn't want to accidentally push a button or step into the wrong territory. I remember when first meeting the real Andy, he wasn't too happy about going down that road. Damien reached over to his bed side table, sliding the drawer open. Grabbing something from it, he held out his hand with a pack of cigarettes.

He arched a brow. "You look like you need it."

I laughed. "Thank you."

Damien and I had finally fallen asleep around five or so, only to wake up three hours later. He slept on the floor beside me, despite my attempts at letting him sleep on his own bed and me crashing on the floor. We didn't talk about what had happened any more.

Instead, we shared stories for the rest of the night. He told me how he almost hit a girl in the parking lot years ago, and how later that day he realized that was the girl he asked on a date that same day. I told him how I sneezed on my kindergarten crush and he never spoke to me again. It was nice to just hangout and laugh, ignoring everything else for a brief moment.

By morning, Damien had shifted back and was passed out on the floor. I physically had to slap him awake, thus leading to him throwing me on the ground. His hand was wrapped around my neck as he growled, and I slapped him again. "Dude! It's me!"

"Oh, sorry." He laughed, getting off of me. He offered a hand to help me up but I swatted him away, getting up on my own. Damien stood up as well, arching a brow as he chuckled. I gave him a half smile and looked down at myself.

"Do you have a pair of sweatpants?"

Damien nodded his head. He went over to his dresser, grabbing a pair from the bottom drawer. He tossed them to me and I nodded my thanks, sliding my legs inside. Reality had hit me and I let out a long groan. "I forgot all of my things at my dorm."

"Do you want to—?"

"No. I'm not going in there." I snapped at him, a bit harsh. Damien nodded his head and raised his hands up, saying he completely understood. I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to see him if he's still in my room."

"He better leave." Damien said.

"Or what?" I asked, giving him a smirk.

"I'll kick ass man." Damien chuckled. Now that was a sight I'd love to see. Damien versus Andy— two beasts fighting. Damien might be strong, but Andy's temper might take the cake on that one. Pushing the thought to the side, I checked my phone.

Ten missed calls from Andy, followed by a spam of text messages I was not about to read. I rolled my eyes and locked my phone, setting it on the table. I leaned over and started to tidy up Damien's bed. "Oh you don't have to."

"No it's okay." I laughed, fixing his pillows.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Sure."

"You ready to see him?"

I rolled my eyes. "No."

"Don't worry, I'll be there."