Fourteen ♡

Please vote and comment!

Andy and Damien have now spent a good three hours just talking and playing video games. I watched with utter disbelief as the two laughed at one another, when only just earlier today Andy was about to rip at his throat.

"You are?" Andy had said in disbelief when I announced the elephant in the room. Damien had then nodded his head, followed by a short backstory of how he was turned.

He was fourteen, walking along with his family out in California. It was late— past sun down is what he had said— and they walked along the beach. His parents were about to tell him something important, however he already knew what was going on. With the constant fights and his father now sleeping on the couch, he knew the word divorce was coming.

"We walked underneath the pier, and I heard this scratching sound." He said, propping himself up on the old chair as he looked between Andy and I. "I turned around and looked over my shoulder, but I thought I was just hearing things."

"We stopped under the pier and my dad had sat me down on a rock. He was about to tell me what I already knew— and then it— it just happened all so fast." Damien paused, looking at the floor. He licked his lips a bit. "My dad was first. He was thrown to the ground, and I remember my mom crying his name."

"I was so scared I— I couldn't move. I sat there and watched as this— this beast— tore my father to shreds." Andy and I stayed silent the entire time he talked. We were at a loss of words and the story wasn't even over.

"My mom came next. Blood was everywhere, and the beast stood up and looked at me. He had these bright red eyes and a crooked smile. He came closer to me." Damien rubbed the back of his neck as he took a sharp breath in. He let it out slowly. "He asked if I wanted to die, and I slowly shook my head."

"And that's when he turned you?" I asked.

Damien nodded. "Hurt like a bitch."

We had both apologized, not knowing what else to say. From there on, Andy led into his story which still gave me chills as I heard him talk about slaughtering a family. He took notice of it and quickly grabbed my side, pulling me in close as he said quickly, "But I've changed."

We headed back to my dorm where, as any other male in this world, they both hopped onto the bed and dove into video games. I sat on the other edge of the bed and flipped through my magazine.

"Fuck!" Andy shouted.

"Why must we scream?" I whined, rolling my eyes as I glanced at the television. From the bottom screen I saw the red, indicating two things immediately— Andy was down, and Andy also sucks at this game.

"You suck." Damien laughed.

"I second that." I laughed as I went back to my magazine. Andy grumbled under his breath and went back to the game. My attention was pulled as Damien let out a curse, followed by a clatter to the floor. I glanced up.

"Fuck. Sorry I knocked something over."

"It's okay I'll get it." I leaned over but he beat me to it. He had dropped my small bag and my pack of cigarettes had slipped out, followed by something I wasn't too fond of showing to others. He grabbed the bag with the cigarettes and held them up, followed by the sharp, iridescent knife I brought everywhere.

"What's this?" He asked.

Andy glanced over and arched his brow, his eyes then darting over to me. He held clear suspicion in his eyes as they narrowed, and quickly I blurted out, "My mom told me to bring it. You know— in case someone attacks me or something like that."

Damien held the knife in his hands as he looked closely at it. I swallowed the lump that had now formed in my throat and felt my hands start to tremble a bit as they both began to study it. Quickly, I reached out and snatched it but understood afterwards why that was a mistake.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I felt the blade slice open my hand. I set the blade down and immediately hopped over the bed, grabbing tissues and pressing them down against the wound. Andy was at my side in seconds to help put pressure down as he asked if I was okay.

"I'm fine— are you?"

Andy nodded. "Snow, I'm fine."

"Are you—okay?" Damien choked out. We both looked at him, and his eyes were starting to flicker between his natural gray to the bright red. Slowly, I nodded my head.

"Damien, you should go." Andy said.

"I'm— sorry. I just— don't have— the best control yet." He quickly said, hopping off the bed. He gave a hesitant smile before heading out of the room, shutting the door behind him. We both looked at the door and back at each other, arching a brow.

"And I thought I had bad control." He said with a light laugh, peeling the tissues from my wound to look at it. They were soaked in blood however it didn't seem to phase him. Andy grabbed a few bandaids and peeled off the wrappers.

He wiped away stray blood and slowly dragged his tongue along the wound. I watched his eyes roll to the back of his head as he licked at my blood. He was about to put the bandaids on when I stopped him. "Feed."

"Snow I don't want to hurt—"

"Feed from the wound." I suggested.

"I— what?" He asked.

"Look— it's already open. You don't have to sink your fangs in and hurt me." Andy winced as the words left my mouth. Quickly I reassured him that it was fine and it didn't hurt as bad as he thought. "Just suck on that for a minute. I know it's not as sustaining but it'll hold you over, won't it?"

Andy arched a brow and looked down at it. He gnawed on his lip. I saw his eyes were flickering from red to blue, and I told him to just do it. With a hesitant sigh, Andy pressed his cold mouth to my hand. His fangs did not pierce into the flesh since they had no means to, but he still had the same tight grip he always did when feeding.

I felt him suck down hard against it and watched his throat move with every mouthful of blood that he was taking. He stayed there for a few moments before finally releasing, letting out a low gasp. Andy wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and licked the stray blood off of his skin. He dried my hand and stuck on two bandaids, pressing them down hard.

"Better?" Andy asked.

I nodded. "Thank you."

Andy gave a sheepish smile, and I couldn't help but laugh. Blood stained all around his mouth. I licked my thumb and wiped at the corners of his mouth as I shook my head at him. "You're a messy eater you know that?"