Chapter 15

"I'm not so sure that I like this idea anymore"                                                           "Lizzy, this was mainly your idea, it's a good idea. What's not to like about it?"                                                                                                                                                      "You are only saying that because I've been squashed into this contraption that Abby has the audacity to call a dress." As she said this she gestured down her frame that was clothed in a red evening gown that on the hanger had seemed decent, but on her seemed to show a lot more skin that she was comfortable with.

"That dress is a very valid reason to like this plan." Pausing her deliberately and lasciviously wandered over her frame, the way the dress hugged her body in all of the right places, although a little too tightly around her backside for her liking. But from the Mike had looked at her when she had first walked down the marble stairs and the subsequent looks he had been throwing her way, he definitely was not complaining, "Yes, that dress is a very good reason for this plan. It is, however, not nor the best reason for liking this plan of yours."                                                                                                        "Tell me what these other points are, then."

Elizabeth, what are you doing? Flirting is not going to help with this plan! You need to be relaxing and getting into character so that everything goes smoothly.                                                                                                                                          But flirting with Mike always relaxes me.                                                                     Yes, but you need to be focused on the task at hand, not on how good he looks in a tuxedo.                                                                                                                      He does look pretty gorgeous in a tux.

At that thought, Lizzy used her peripheral vision to get another knee buckling look at Mike in a tux with a bow tie.

Elizabeth! Focus!                                                                                                                        Shut up, conscience!

"One, we get to work in the field together, which is just plain bad ass. Two, we get to see how our taxes are hard at work in the other clandestine services. Three, I have a legitimate reason to not only hold you, but to also dance with you as closely as we want. Four, we both not only get to find out the real reason behind what happened eight years ago, we will also get closer to finding our daughter. All in all, it is a wonderful plan."

"Only if it all goes according to plan..."

"Hey, hey, hey, hey now. None of that now. This plan will work. In fact, the only problem that I foresee is that I am going to have to battle every male at this shindig just to defend my right to take you home at the end of the night."

"Oh, Mike, stop. No you won't."                                                                                       "Yes, I will. You will undoubtedly be the most beautiful woman there, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with your dress."