Chapter 13

Sorry for the late chapter, I just forgot to press the publish button. But here it is
___________________________

As they pulled up at the gate of the impressive fortress of the Black Hand, Lizzy felt her nerves settle as she let out the breath she had had no idea she was holding. When she felt something squeeze her hand, she turned and saw Mike gazing at her in understanding.

A disembodied voice that had a slight Irish brogue suddenly rang out from the gates intercom, although Mike didn't seem surprised by the interruption,                                                                            "What's the password?"
"Link, you gobshite, just open the gate." Mike guffawed.
"Alright, alright, keep your pantyhose on."

Lizzy had to bite her bottom lip to keep from laughing out loud. There was an obvious camaraderie between Mike and the rest of his team members; it was both amusing and wonderful to hear for Lizzy. To see that bond, that connection, to feel it was better than Lizzy could have ever imagined. To know that he had these people to rely on, to have his back caused something inside of her to loosen and uncoil itself.

When the gate had finally opened, Mike drove down towards what looked like an entrance to an underground car park. Looking at some of the vehicles, Lizzy could understand why they were underground. They were military vehicles, best of the best and would have certainly cost a pretty penny, and also looked ready to take on an Iraqi missile silo. There was everything from a Supacat to Range Rovers, even a BV 206D ATD.

Now what in the heck could they do with that? They're supposed to be running covert ops, so why do they look like they're preparing for world war three? Unless...

Turning her head to squint at Mike, Lizzy asked,
"Do I want to know why you have a military issue all-terrain, heavily armed and armoured people carrier?"

Mike turned an impressed look to Lizzy and asked,
"How did you know what make and model it is?"
"Some of my sources are a part of the military, Mike. Sometimes it would be necessary for them to inform me of details of their mission. The type of vehicles they were being shipped in were a part of those details."
"Because if they knew what terrain the vehicle was meant for then they would have an idea of where they were going."
"Exactly. You still haven't explained why you have these vehicles."

"Because you never know where you might be sent."
Elizabeth nodded her head in understanding when Mike added,
"Also a lot of these babies are just plain cool."
Laughing lightly Elizabeth couldn't help but think,
Boys and their toys...

Turning back to the window so as to not miss a detail, she saw that there were even some extremely expensive cars parked there, top of the line too she noted, having spotted a Veyron and Laundet and was shocked when she saw a Maybach Exelero.

How the hell did they get a Maybach Exelero? There's only supposed to be one of them in the world, and it doesn't belong to anyone here.

But that wasn't what caused her mouth to drop open in a very unladylike fashion

No, it was the vehicle peaking out the back, because it looked like...

"Is that a bat mobile? Seriously, you guys built yourselves a bat mobile?" "Is that drool I see at the corner of your mouth, Lizzy?"

"It's completely understandable and acceptable at this point in time! What does it do? It looks like its been based off of the Lamborghini line judging by its body and lines, so its got to be fast, but how fast, and have you installed anything fun in there?"       "What would you class as 'fun', kitten?"