Girl Meets Yearbook

that's right i skipped a couple of episodes just to allow myself some slack to catch up- otherwise i'll never be done with this book and be able to move on to other projects

-

I'd always hated the fact that schools do yearbooks. I mean, nominating each other as 'most likely to succeed' or 'most likely to be a drug dealer'? What's the point, man?

So you can say I was less than thrilled when Riley and Farkle carried a large box of them down the hall, cheerily announcing, "Ladies and gentlemen of the hallway, it's yearbook time!"

I pushed myself off the wall I was leaning on and huffed. Farkle smiled at me from where he was handing out yearbooks and I smiled back, feeling a little lighter in my chest.

"Yearbooks!" Riley exclaimed. "Find out who we are and what we really think of each other."

Maya slowly turned her head to look at Lucas and she smiled innocently. "You wanna know what I think about you?"

"No, I do not."

"What I wanna tell you..."

"I don't think you need to."

"I'm gonna do it anyway."

"It's been a while."

"Maya, I am asking you not to do it."

"I'm gonna do it: you wanna run or you wanna straighten your face?"

Lucas grimaced a little. "I wanna run, but how would that look?"

Farkle came over and put his arm around me while I turned to look at him. His ridiculously long bangs tickled the top of my forehead.

Maya spun on her heel, touching her finger to her throat gently. She started vocalizing, dragging out ha-hurr so long that I thought the class would start before she could finish mocking Lucas.

"You guys won't judge me if I run, right?"

"Rip him apart, Maya!" I yelled from the sidelines.

"You're from Texas too, you gremlin!" Lucas retorted. He looked at Maya pleadingly. "Come on man, there's always another option!"

And at that moment, I witnessed the true power of Maya Hart unleash itself right before my eyes as she let out one powerful, "Ha-hurr!" right into my brother's face. He shut his eyes tight and braced himself.

Maya looked way too pleased with herself after she was done. "I feel good," she said.

"You know what else is good?" Riley asked, picking up one of the yearbooks from the box. "All of our classmates say what they think of us."

"Yearbook- how we'll be remembered," Farkle chimed in, passing one to me. I flipped it open and rolled my eyes, handing it off to Lucas.

"You took another good picture, you freak," I told him.

Lucas rolled his eyes right back at me, cracking open the spine and flicking through the pages. "Thanks, Hadley. How will you be remembered?"