Girl Meets Us

A/N: ohohoho another filler chapter!! I think this one is most likely full of fluff because I haven't written that in so long and I kind of miss writing happy things...
also, in my bio it says that I have three pet mice. How many of you like animals? Would you like a pic? :) lemme know!! I love sharing my pets with my loved ones, which you all are!

-

It was dark outside when I woke up. I squinted in the blackness, trying to make out a shape or a person.

Nothing.

This hasn't happened in a long time, I thought as the air seemed to drain from my lungs. I was having a panic attack- alone. My doctor once told me that that is the worst situation to have one.

I felt lightheaded. My fingers sank into the bedsheets, pulling myself up to sit. I turned my head so fast that it spun.

"Farkle," I whispered hoarsely, on the verge of tears.

No response.

"Farkle," I tried again, loud as I could manage in my breathless state.

Still nothing.

I began to scream, the lack of air burning my lungs and squeezing them empty all at once. Out of all the panic attacks i had ever had, this one had to be the worst. My hand dropped to my chest, clutching my heart.

I heard loud footsteps pounding outside my door, then it swung open. The room flooded with warm, yellow light from the hallway. Farkle stood, his silhouette outlined against the light.

He took a step closer. "Hadley?" He said softly. "I'm here. You don't have to be afraid."

"I was alone," I whispered shakily. "Why did you leave me alone?"

Sadness bloomed in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I had to talk to your aunt. I was sitting with you the whole time you were asleep."

"Where's Lucas?" I asked, pulling my knees to my chest.

Farkle sighed and reached out a hand to touch my cheek. "Lucas is at school. He's going to talk to Riley and Maya."

He skipped for me, I realized. Farkle skipped school for me. My heart melted.

"I'll take care of you today. Is that alright?"

I nodded. He slowly climbed into bed with me, wrapping the blanket around our shoulders. He stuck out his pinky finger and grinned, intertwining it with mine.

"A promise?" I asked stupidly.

"Yup. In case you're still insecure. Don't say you aren't, because I know you."

He sat cross-legged, turning his head so he was facing me.

"I never thought there'd be someone like you who would want me," he said. "I can give you ten thousand reasons for you to never let me go, but we don't need all that. You're so smart, so perfect, so beautiful. So... if you really see me... if you like me for me and nothing else, we could be us again."

"You're asking me out again?" A small smile tugged on my lips when he nodded.

"I can bring the both of us back together again. That I promise you. What do you say?"

I shook my head. "I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you. You don't need to search for the proof that I should, either." I placed my free hand over our promised hands. "This is what I've wanted for longer than you could have possibly known."

His mouth turned up into a little grin. "Is that a yes?"

"It can be us and only us," I whispered. It wasn't my own line. It was from Dear Evan Hansen, a musical we both enjoyed ever since I introduced him to it a long time ago.

"I love it when you quote musicals," he chuckled, brushing a stray hair out of my face. "I love you, Hadley."

Blushing, I looked down and mumbled, "I love you too."

Farkle's face broke out into a wide grin, and he hugged me so tight. He kissed my head happily. My face was as red as a beet, but all I felt was happiness.

He pulled away and smiled down at me. I smiled up at him. He held me close to him and laughed out of sheer glee. I laughed too.

It was us.

It was us, and only us.