Girl Meets Master Plan

Okay, to get this out of the way, here are some simple calculations:

Hadley was said to be a year younger than Lucas at the start of this book, when Lucas was in fact a year OLDER than the main cast. So, if Lucas was 13 in the beginning, Hadley is in fact the same age as Maya, Riley and Farkle, starting out as 12-year-olds at the start of the book. In this episode they state that Maya is celebrating her 14th birthday, meaning that around this time of the chapter Riley and Hadley and Farkle are also nearing this age. This means that somewhere between all those episodes leading up to this one, Maya, Hadley, Riley and Farkle all turned 13. And yes. Farkle is still dating Smackle here. This chapter takes place roughly around 2 weeks after the last one, so keep in mind that Hadley is still healing from her fall. As much as I wish I could write a Harry Potter story that people would read, Hadley's not magic, you know. Also, can we talk about how the model in the dress above has a different skin color than on her hand like what. Her hand is so pale but she's tan and I'm so confused.

-

It fell on a sunny Saturday morning, during which I would usually be lying on the couch next to Lucas watching SpongeBob reruns. But I ended up spending this one devising some sort of crazy Master Plan (Riley kept insisting we called it that) for Maya's birthday.

Right then, Lucas was displaying our Texan upbringing in the form of a dirty joke I'm sure he thought only he understood.  After digging through Riley's storeroom we'd found a length of rope- which Lucas was brandishing in front of Maya. 

"Riley, why do you even have this much rope?" I asked, helping to coil it up. Riley shrugged.

"She was a cowgirl for Halloween in second grade," Maya explained flatly. "Cutest cowgirl y'all ever did see. Well, that was until Andrea Thompson-"

"Maya! We went over this- we do not talk about Andrea From Halloween!" Riley protested, glaring. 

Farkle snorted. "I remember that. I was Albert Einstein."

"He caught himself on fire."

"I did not."

By then Lucas was done with the rope. I looked up and saw that he'd made it into a lasso. I immediately knew what he was doing. He'd done this to bullies countless times in our childhood for me to recognize the knot. "You wanna see a rope trick?" I mentally slapped my forehead.

Riley grabbed both of Maya's hands and looked her in the eyes. "Maya, it's important that you know that what we're about to do to you is for your own good."

 Farkle tapped something on his watch, and a playback of Maya's voice sounded in the room. "Maya, it's important that you know that what we're about to do to you is for your own good." I glared, and I think Maya did too.

"I will kill you in six different ways."

"Can you do that? Kill someone again after you've done it once?"

"Do you want to find out?"

Maya rolled her eyes at the both of us. "Okay, I get it. Now what is so important?" She demanded, running a hand through her hair exasperatedly.

Lucas smirked, still playing absentmindedly with the rope. "Wanna see a rope trick?"

She groaned. I was seriously beginning to worry about Riley's safety, since a wild, angry Maya was right next to her. "Will you stop distracting me with that? It's not like I actually believed you were a real cowboy!"