Prologue: The Freeing

Bet you didn't expect to see this so soon! But I did it for you (hopefully) adoring fans! :D Enjoy this sneak peek into the second book and I hope to hear more from you guys on what you think soon~

This chapter is rated: PG to PG-13

WARNINGS: Blood; slavery; master-slave relationship (NO! Not romantic or lustful in the least!)

Now that that's done with,

Read, Enjoy, and Comment/Vote/Fan!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secrets in the Light

Haven’t you ever wondered about what goes on the Inside World,

the hidden world that thrives in magic and secrets?

This world is one that you have to see to believe.

Chosen persons, with origins not ones from this world…

Each putting up a façade

that lies to more faces than there are bones in the human body,

and a destiny of inevitable sorrow and happiness…

Now they have been given a deadline

to reveal their true identities to everyone

The question is,

what will you do about the secrets still in the dark?

---

Prologue: The Freeing

I swim… and swim… and swim…

But for some reason I’m too slow and I feel a stinging, but fleshy and jelly-like slimy substance wrap around my arms, yanking me back harshly. Within seconds I’m paralyzed, but I still have my senses other than movement. Funny you don’t realize how much you make your body move until you’re robbed of the ability to.

“Did you really think you could outswim me, better yet escape from me?” A voice snarls, and I resist the urge to cry as the sharp grip on my arms spins me around, making me face my very angry master.

My master, Anil, is an anemone-Merman. He’s known for never letting his slaves escape, and if they try… Well, they aren’t heard from for a few demituries. If you ever see a Merman with anemone tentacles and eyes as black as his hair, swim away as fast as you can.

I shiver, even though we’re in the warmer part of the ocean. Close to the shore, you know you’re close to land when you feel warm… And I was so close too, but now…

“I–I’m sorry, malak (master).” I say, suppressing a moan of pain when he slaps me. The water bleeds red, I’d bit my tongue by accident, but my cheek must be just as red if not bleeding.

“Sorry is not going to cut it! You should’ve thought before trying to escape, now you’re going to be on punishment, one that’s going to last for at least one demitury.” He growls, pulling me along. A demitury is half a century.

I feel panic rise up in me, and I resist the tears, knowing he hates them and will get even angrier. I see the faint blue glow under my eyes and know that my resistance for the tears was futile.

“P–Please, malak, I promise I won’t try to escape again!” I start.

“Be quiet!” He barks, cutting me off. “You’re the one who tried to escape, so shut up and take your punishment like a Merman, or at least, whatever Merman-ness that you have in you. And because of how close you were to the shore, you’re on serving-duty for all of my illegal guests, and that’s the least of your punishments.” He says with a glower over his shoulder, this time, I can’t help but whimper in imagining. His illegal guests are usually Sea-People, or pirates that come to either have a drink or to buy a slave, and they usually don’t have a limit on things…