Chapter-20: Mistakes.

Bautista

Bautista

She came out of Janet's room changed into the same dress she had worn earlier in the day. 

"It's okay, I drove here , I can drive back home too." She suggested.

She wasn't wearing makeup anymore, I could see her cheeks flushed with red and the whites of her eyes daunted with red lines. There was no denying that she had fever. "You are not driving in this state." I wrapped my hand around her wrist, it took me a few seconds to get adjusted to that much warmth. "Did you take medicine? The temperature is too high, why did you have to go to the ball?"

She didn't reply instead just stared at the floor.

"I think, I should call the doctor." I said. If Sylvia doesn't reply when you practically shout at her, it signals that something's wrong. 

"No! I...I am fine, Alejandro. It's just mild fever." She pulled her hand away. "I'll just go home and sleep. It'll wear off by the morning."

"Fine. Come, I'll take you to your house."

Apart from the guards, there was nobody on the upper floors of the mansion. 

"Where are you going, Alejandro?" Jamie stopped me before I stepped out on the porch.

"I am dropping her home." I gestured towards Sylvia, who was a few steps behind. 

"I'll drop her. You shouldn't leave the mansion at this hour, especially today. I can't take any risks with your security." He began with his usual blabber. Jamie was the head bodyguard at Indelicato Mansion, but he was a total pansy. I've lost count of how many times my ears have bled because of his speeches.

"I will drop her home, Jamie. You needn't worry, I'll be back soon." 

But he extended his arm in front of me to prevent me from walking any further. 

"Your safety is my responsibility and I wouldn't dare to compromise that."

It was funny how he thought, I'd listen to him.

"And her safety is my responsibility and I wouldn't let anybody even think of compromising with that." I glared at him. "Now, get outta my way."

"Alejandro..." But I cut him off.

"Jamie." I gritted my teeth. He was wasting my time and it was making me angry. "I. Am. Dropping. Her. Home. Period!"