Chapter-9: Captain.

Maden

Maden

Coach Costell ushered us girls out of the gym. Weight training was compulsory for the swim team. It was a good exercise for forcing the blood up in your shoulders. Strong shoulders and arms made a strong swimmer or so the coach says.

"Sylvia!" Our swimming coach called out to me. "Make sure all the girls are out in the lake."

"I am on it!" I replied before she left the gym.

There were just two junior girls left in the gym, if I didn't include myself in the count. "Come on, girls. Out now." I took off my zipper and gym shorts, revealing a black swimsuit.

"Just gathering our stuff, Captain." The blonde out of the two replied. I think her name was Tessa.

"Yeah, alright. Just leave quickly, I am missing precious practice time because of you two." Unzipping my duffel bag, I grabbed a neon pink swimming cap.

The girls had run out of the gym by then. They had crossed the soccer field halfway by the time I locked the gym's side door.

Out of the list of almost non-existent reasons as to why I would not love swimming, crossing the soccer field to reach Lake Pierson was the prominent one. Especially on Mondays and Thursdays. Especially when the boys on the soccer team were nowhere near subtle in checking girls in swimsuits out.

As always, I was the last one to leave the gym and that made me a spectacle for the soccer team. My bold swimsuit, a gift from Janet, wasn't of much help either. Whenever mother has seen me wearing it, she has remarked, "It leaves nothing to the imagination." Fancy hearing such things from your mother.

First off, black is a sexually alluring color.

Secondly, the darn suit barely covered my back. The girls on the team have pointed out a certain mole on my back millions of times.

Thirdly, the only things that keeps this suit stuck to my chest are two flimsy strings that are to be tied at the back of the neck.

Fourth and probably the last reason I don't like this piece is because I have to shun down junk food, plus workout two hours a day, so that my tyres don't bulge out.

Those complaints pretty much sum up my swimsuit.

The grass stung slightly as I half walked, half jogged to the lake, sending a glance towards the soccer boys, who stared at me with hungry eyes. I waved my hand at a familiar face.

Phillip.

That guy was sweet. As captains of our respective teams we've attended countless Student Council meetings together. He waved back. It was then that I noticed someone standing beside him. I could've sworn to seeing that face somewhere before. If it wouldn't have been for the darn sun, I would've been able to see that piece of meat clearly.