training. day 3.

I awaken to a knock on my door and hear Jayk and Boniface outside my door. I know that they could get in if they wanted, so I open the door without it having to be forced. I see the two are standing right outside of my door and they talk, completing each others' sentences. How cheesey.

"We hear you are training with Cato for the first part of the day, before the private sessions, and we're going to have you two start getting along before that happens." Jayk says.

I look at her with a shocked look. I turn to Boniface.

"Why'd you tell her?" I ask.

"She wanted to know what was up." He replies.

"What ever happened to Tribute confidentiality?" I ask, rubbing my eyes, and yawning.

"Doesn't exist." Jayk says.

I turn around and they walk in. I sit on my bed. I glare up at Boniface.

"I heard your and Cato's conversation yesterday." I say.

His face goes pale. "What?"

"Yeah I heard it all! How could you enforce that? You know me better than to except that from him!" I yell.

"I didn't think it actually meant anything until he explained it later." He says.

"What conversation?" Jayk asks us. I nod to Boniface.

His face goes blank. He looks like he is about to pass out. I wonder how he will even talk. He then begins to speak in a shaky, nervous voice. "The one that Cato said that he had feelings for-"

"WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHAT?!" I exclaim. "I know he has feelings for Glimmer! That's not the one I was talking about! I meant the one where he called me a shrimp!"

He turns red and breathes a sigh of relief. "Oh, yeah, I'll talk to him about that. I'm gonna go." He says a little too quickly. He then leaves the room without saying goodbye to Jayk.

She has me leave and go through my normal routine. I go and eat breakfast and come back to a set of clothes. I pull them on, and head to the elevator. Instead of Jayk waiting there for me, Cato is.

I sigh an angered sigh and continue walking towards him. He and I get in the elevator, and I press the T button.  It lights up and we head down.

I turn to Cato. Might as well confront him. "I heard your conversation with Boniface yesterday at the cafeteria."

Cato's face goes red and he looks away. I grab his shoulder and pull him to face me. He resists, but I just walk around and look him in the eye.

"I would like for you to look me in the eye. Care to explain?" I say.

"I-uh, was meaning to talk to you about that." He says, but the elevator doors opening cuts him off. We have the Twos pinned on our backs, and we walk over to our little cluster. Glimmer comes up to him and grabs his arm, but he slowly slinks out of her grasp and walks away. I am shocked. I feel my mouth hang open. I close it before I catch flies and walk after him, along with the rest of the pack.

Atala calls us to gather around the circle. As she talks, I look over at the tributes from Seven and Eight. They eye us occasionally, but look away as soon as they see me glaring. I try to entertain myself in the most subtle ways.

"Today is the day of the private sessions. You need to work on your skill as much as you can before lunch, so you can come in here with confidence, ready to please this year's Gamemakers!" She says, lifting her hand to showcase the area where the Gamemakers will sit during our private session. I eye it cautiously. I turn to look at the rest of the pack and see Marvel looking at Glimmer subtly, so she won't notice, with a pained expression on his face. I look at Glimmer, and she's eyeing Cato up and down. Cato focuses on Atala's speech. I realize I should be doing the same.