Chapter 21: The Attack on the Pack

Start from the beginning

Highly doubtful.

When we reached Gustav's door, I knocked a few times and waited for him to open it. When it did, I was actually surprised to see him half naked with a Lycan female dressing in his room. My mouth gaped open and close as I stared at the woman who managed to pull her jeans up to her long legs while Erica immediately shrunk behind me. Gustav rolled his eyes at me and leaned on his door frame, crossing his mascular arms at us.

"What do you need Holly?"

"I..." I started as I slowly composed myself ", I was... wondering if y-you have a job... for me?" I squeaked as I mentally slapped myself. What the hell, Holly! Of course Gustav is a male and he has needs but... I have never seen him... umm... off his job like this before.

"No. I don't think so," he sighed as he glanced back to his companion now duly dressed and waiting for further instruction. He nodded at the door which made the woman scamper up and run past us. I could smell the blood on her and the obvious arousal which actually disgusted me since Gustav is almost like a family to me. Gustav, then again turned to me and frowned as he sees Erica hiding behind me while clutching my shirt. "You've made a friend."

"Yeah," I said sheepishly as I nudged Erica who just nodded and bowed at Gustav and muttered a small 'good morning'. "So... um, chores?"

"I don't think there's any but lord Calvin might have something for you to do," he ssaid wiggling his eyebrows at me which made me blush at the innuendo ", so I suggest you go to him. He's currently being toured around the Lorbain pack house by the beta."

"Okay, I'll go look for him," I said as I noticed Erica's face light up upon the mention of his name which ended up with me feeling uncomfortable. Argh! Get a grip, Holly! You just have a crush on him! That is totally NOT progressing!

I muttered a small thank you to him abs decided to walk down the pack house with Erica skipping behind me. Don't get me wrong, I like the girl. It's just... okay, there's something-- like an aura of warning-- about her but I decided to just shrug it off. Besides, the girl did nothing but to be kind to me.

We both descended the beautiful staircases of the Lorbain pack house, noting the feel of soft carpet under my flats. I looked around and saw the sun shining down on the open windows from ceiling and the walls. Pack houses usually have glass windows in their roofs just in case it's a full moon; the moonlight is easily accessible even with omegas unable to join the monthly moon light rituals which include weddings, coming of age, and the whole shìt. It's supposed to be in line with the vampires' feeding season... come and think of it, I haven't been to a feeding season yet.

I shuddered at the thought and willed myself to stop thinking about it and wish that I will never be part of it. If I come to the vampire feeding season, it's either I'm an entertainment to them or I'd be food.

Yup, it's probably the latter.

"What do you have to thank lord Calvin for anyway?" I asked as we reached the bottom of the stairs. She beamed at me and began gushing out about lord Calvin saving him last night from the alpha of Lorbain pack who beats her up constantly. Personally, I am a bit shocked about this information. I know lord Calvin; he won't save anyone beaten up just because she's... pretty. If that girl is a Lycan then he'd even love to watch her suffering.

The churning of my stomach at her words worsen as she continued.

Thankfully, we reached the exit of the mansion and like a real omega, she stopped speaking immediately as I opened the door. I felt sorry for her, knowing the feeling of hiding yourself from the eyes of your pack members, as I opened the door and stepped outside. The cold air blew in my face as I breathed in the fresh wind that passed through me. The green forest is a welcoming sight for me as I suddenly missed playing in the dirt in my wolf form and just rolling in the leaves and mud. The sky is light blue and the sun shone happily down at me even when the cold season is nearing. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by someone clearing their throat.