Chapter 17: Decisions Decisions

*edited

|Calvin|

The Fish Village

October 2014

The vampire woman toured me around the small town just a few kilometers away from their village. It may not be able to compete with new York time square or Vegas but this is the best they have so it's better to make do.

She told me that she soon realized that there was something strange by the way I talk and walk the moment she laid eyes on me. Turns out she's as patriotic as I am in my race but we differ greatly in the Lycan outlook. She loves Matt truly while I was just forced into a relationship with my wife. Still, she didn't question anything as we walked through the dimming town.

The town is just maybe a little bit bigger than their village but it's full to the brink with merchants and stalls. I see a common fish market and butchers where Jona went and bought beef for soup later on. The ground is not cemented so mud would sometimes stick to the sole of my shoes; chickens loitered around as children rushed to their mothers while giggling at them. A lot of on lookers turned their heads at the foreigner which is me but I ignored them all and just focused in the task at hand.

By sun down, we managed to buy a kilo of beef, noodles, rice, cake, different vegetables and liquor. By the way Jona ordered Five one and a half liters of their vodka, I could predict what kind of celebration she had planned.

We passed a pastry store and different clothes shop that lit like Christmas trees when the sun shrunk to the horizon. On the way back to the small parking space I think that is only meant for motorcycles, I passed a small, quaint dress shop with a sun dress on sale. I stopped and stared at the blue cotton dress with spaghetti straps and a red ribbon wrapped in the waist line. It's not over the edge and simple in every way possible that I imagined Holly wearing it while folding my clothes. Her platinum blond hair shine with the fabric and I couldn't help but stare at her long neck when she looks out of the window. Without thinking, I walked into the shop and gazed at the dress until a Thai woman of her late fifties began chatting me up completely in Thai.

Good thing that Jona, the vampire woman who I thought was a complete bítch, saw me enter the shop and followed behind. She talked to the woman for a while doing hand gestures in the blue dress. Soon, Jona turned to me and said ", she's selling it for Three thousand. Gonna buy it?"

"What? Why would I want to buy that?"

She looked at me funny and rolled her eyes ", with respect, my lord, you stare at the dress for your wife, yes?" she said and I opened my mouth to protest only for her to smile back at the old woman and say ", he say he take it."

"Oh! Take! Good! Good!" the old woman said enthusiastically.

I groaned and glared at Jona who just shrugged and waited for the dress to be wrapped in old news papers. Should I just... take it? She's pretty pissed at me and I'd be damned if I get to apologize to her!

I was so deep in my thought that I didn't get say anything when the old woman arrive. I opened my mouth to say that I've changed my mind when the wench vampire beside me paid the woman the amount.

I glared at her as we headed back to the small village still grumbling about the dress. So what if I don't get to give her the dress?! It's not really necessary for me to do so! I won't give it to her! I've made up my mind.

When we arrived at the small village, Jona immediately lit up fire using matches and wood in their clay stove. I watched fascinated as she fussed about, cutting vegetables, meat and garlic before throwing them all in a pan. It's the first time I've seen someone cook. Don't get me wrong, I did try to watch mother once but she shooed me off the kitchen saying it's a woman's sacred place and not men's playground.