Chapter 21: The Attack on the Pack

*edited

|Holly|

Lorbain pack house,
St. Louise Chicago, October 2014

The next morning, I woke up feeling cold even though the blanket is firmly wrapped on me. Soon, I saw the reason why I was cold. My very comfortable robe is shredded beyond recognition on the tiled floor. For a minute, I was shocked and disappointed; it was a shít way to lose something so comfy. I glanced at the bed and no longer saw the master in it and I assumed he is the one who did the horrible thing.

I sighed and just accepted the fate of my robe, may it rest in peace. I grabbed a towel and took a shower in Calvin's bathroom, taking my time browsing through his wide selection of shampoos, shaving cream, Cologne and few things that I can't really identify. I even stared at his toothbrush for a while before slapping myself. Get a grip Holly! Seriously, this little crush needs to stop. You look like a fan girl who managed to enter a rock star's bathroom!

I wiped myself clean and rummaged for a bit inside the bags in the room and found my small bag mixed with Gustav's. I quickly donned myself in a light blue shirt and black leggings as I fought the urge to wear the orange shirt and green leggings just to piss off lord Calvin. He might order me to strip off all my clothes with Richardson watching and God knows what he'd do to me when he sees me naked. If last night is just an example of his misplaced lust, then what more if he sees me off my clothes.

I shuddered at the thought and just continued with my daily routine. I faced the mirror and pat my cheeks pink and put on a small amount of lipgloss Matilda gave me. I closed the door behind me after checking everything is in place and was to head out to Gustav's door when my head hit a collarbone.

I rubbed on my forehead and peered at the body that blocked my way to see the girl that led Gustav to his room. Her dark eyes landed on me as I see her hand rubbing her injured bone. She pouted at me and peered behind me. Her eyes landed back at me in which she smiled warmly. "Hi! I'm Erica!" she said showing her perfectly white teeth ", I... umm... well, have you seen the vampire lord?"

"Lord Calvin?"

"Yes! That's the one," she said sheepishly as I see a blush creeping in her face ", I... I just want to thank him. For last night."

Last night?! What the fuck...? My eyes widened as I took in her words. Lord Calvin returned past one last night. Did she mean that he and she...

Erica might have seen the look in my face because she blushed deeper, shook her head frantically at me and squealed. "Eep! No, it's not what you're thinking! I... he saved me last night, okay? I just want to thank him!"

"Lord Calvin... saved you last night?" I asked warily as her words are becoming more absurd than usual. Lord Calvin doesn't save lycans! Well, he did with me but two times? I don't think so. Erica noticed the sarcasm in my voice that she pouted again ", really! It's the truth! He really did. I... I just want to thank him." Her eyes turned immediately watery and I felt bad for ever doubting the poor girl. I gave her a smile ", I'm Holly by the way. I work as his slave."

She snapped her fingers at me as she almost jumped up and down in excitement. "Oh! You're an omega, right? Wow, how'd you end up with Calvin?"

"It's lord Calvin. He'd hate it if you call him by his name," I said scowling at her. His name in her mouth? It didn't sit well with me very much. She seemed oblivious to the face I put on as she started gushing about how awesome my master is while I continued to walk along side her, seeking Gustav's room. How can someone perceive lord Calvin as awesome?! Alright, maybe he is awesome in terms of power and the ability to bed women... and the possibility of me crushing on him but lord Calvin awesome for an alpha female who is currently an omega?