1.1 - Allen Reid

Legend:

. [System Speech]
. [System Speech in flashback mode of Host]
. 'Mind talking'
. Thoughts
. "Speech"
. "Speech in Surveillance"

• • • • •

ARC 1: ALLEN REID
Chapter One

• • • • •

[You only have one job. Make the couples work.]

That was the only thing Calvin knew from the system that suddenly attached itself to him for no particular reason.

He died a decade ago and for the past ten years, he had been with his handsome yet robotic system in a bubble-like, cloud-filled space being tutored by said system on what to expect in each world he travels.

His main job was to, apparently, 'make the couples work'. Only, he won't be able to know their name, their faces or their habits. He won't have access to any store of the system in mid-missions. There won't be any notification missions to be given or plots to be told. The only help he'd be given by the system is knowing who the couples he would be working on by the red strings they have connected into their ring finger, his surveillance, the fact that the person he'd be transmigrating as has or will have connections to his targets and the memories of the person he will become.

Everything had to be done by his own efforts literally. Troublesome.

Calvin has always been a lazy person. He likes not doing things as he deems it as trouble. No stimulus means peace. His few friends and family always says that he's the very definition of sloth. He did not even know how he died. So this current job he got is really annoying.

At least after his job is done, he get to leave immediately.

He sighed. He did not even know WHY exactly he got bounded by a system.

This one is currently his first world. He's currently holding flowers in his hand and was about to give said flowers to a customer.

Wait. Looking at the attire, this person in front of his isn't a customer but an employee based on the uniform he is wearing. A second later, a soft stream of memories flowed inside his mind, making him know about the life of the person he is occupying.

[You can't go out-of-character.]

He remembered one of the rules his system told him. He really has to ask that system what his name is and make sure that he answers, not just give him silence.

Allen Reid is a florist who lives a pretty normal life. Coming from an average family, graduated elementary up to his university years with average grades, neither standing out nor failing. Managed to save up money enough to be able to have this small, flower business. Now alone as his parents just died three years ago and he isn't fond of being in a relationship. He's a man of few words.

He's not really concerned about his current identity's past. He's more focused on his personality and he thinks it's okay to follow this man's character. Though he's not fond of flowers, Allen is and he got infected by his likes, not to mention that Allen being a man of few words just sits right with him. He doesn't like talking much.

Allen gave the bouquet of roses to his employee, Carlos Delante after a couple seconds of pause as he got used to the new memories he got but his employee seems to be absent-minded.

"Carl," he called out. Said man jerked up to look at him upon hearing his voice. Seeing him with his hand full of roses outstretched, he blushed in embarrassment.