Corey Seager -requested-

sweet_angel10237

 It was the top of the third here at Dodger Stadium. It's still early in the game, but due to a Dodgers eight-run rally in the second inning, the game feels like it has already lasted for hours.

I was beyond bored. Sure, I'm a baseball fan, but I'd much rather watch it on TV than in real life. But Isamara, my best friend, is dating one of the athletic trainers for the Dodgers, so we're here quite often.

They're not chintzy seats either; they're right along the third baseline. So I try to enjoy myself as much as possible, and I was, up until I saw a large man in a white jersey hurtling towards me.

Since I had been looking down at my phone, I hadn't realized the ball -or the player- was coming in my direction.

I tense up, watching as the shortstop leaps over the short wall and onto my lap. Well, kind of on my lap; his whole right thigh landed in my nachos while the rest of his body outstretched over me.

The ball somehow miraculously stays in his glove, and everyone around ups explodes in applause. It was a spectacular catch; I just wish it had been over anyone but me.

The boy stands up, and since I'm here so often, I know which one it is immediately.

"Really Seager," I sass, half-joking and half not," You fucked up my nachos."

He chuckles and hands me the ball, asking me if I wanted it without even having to say anything. I completely forget about my food (well almost) and stare at the ball in front of me.

I nod, and he puts it in the empty cup holder next to me.

"I'm sorry about that, are you okay?" He asks, and I don't reply just yet, instead, grabbing the napkins from Isamara's plate.

"Yes," I respond before pointing to his leg that had nacho cheese smeared all over his white pants. "Are you?"

I listen for his answer while starting to wipe the cheese sauce off of his uniform. Half of the crowd gasps and I secretly roll my eyes. I'm living half of these teenage girls dreams right now.

"I'm okay," he smiles once I get the last of the residue off, "but I have to get back. I'll make it up to you though."

I shake my head, my lips turning up in an amused smile. "I'm counting on it, Seager," I shout, and he gives me a small thumbs up. I wasn't counting on it, I know that he probably has these kinds of encounters quite often, but it was still a once in a lifetime deal to have an interaction like that with a professional athlete, so I was taking what I could get.

After that foul ball Corey had caught, the boys in blue now had two outs. That was quickly changed to three with a four-pitch strikeout from Ross Stripling.

The home team hustled into the dugout, getting ready for their next at-bats.

"Okay, what was that?" Isamara squeals, grabbing my arm and reaching for the ball Corey had given me.

"I have no idea, Is," I admit, a small laugh escaping from my lips.

Her phone buzzes and she looks down, a text from Diego, her boyfriend, pops up on her phone.

Her eyes get big, and she looks at me with her mouth opened ajar. "Diego says the boys are all making fun of Corey for flirting with you."

I roll my eyes and chuckle, "He was not flirting with me. I'm sure he talks to his fans all the time."

She gives me a side eye, "I think his teammates know him better than you do Courtney. If they say he was flirting with you, I think that means that he was."

I'm still not having it. Of course, I'm a little flattered, but I don't want to make it a big deal. He's a professional baseball player; he finds girls to flirt with on the daily I'm sure.

I turn away from my friend, watching Hernandez single on a ball hit to right field. There was already one out, but since I'd been preoccupied, I'm not sure how it happened.

Yasmani comes up and after taking a few pitches, grounds into a stunning double play.

Just like that, there were three outs, and the Dodgers were taking the field again.

While they're warming up, I realize they're missing their shortstop.

"Where's Seager?" I turn and ask Isamara.

She smirks at me and points down the field. "Right there."

I look down and see the tall boy running towards our direction. He hops over the wall and holds a large plate of nachos in front of me. That wasn't all though. A small press pass hung from his fingertips.

I take what he's offering me, too shocked to speak.

"Just find a security guard after the game and show them that, and they'll take you back to the locker room once the games over."

He turns to step back onto the field. He has one leg over the small infield wall when I call out to him. "Seager, what made you come back?"

I was expecting him to say something about the nachos, but that's the exact opposite of what he blurts out.

"It was the blue in your eyes," he says smoothly, "and also, if I'm going to take you out after the game, you're going to have to call me Corey."